GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to find an XM antenna for a garmin 2730? It is my understanding that this GPS requires an external antenna, is that correct?

:bow:

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
You only need the GXM30 if you wish to receive XM Radio, Weather or Traffic. Just for the GPS signal, the antenna is built in.

Look on eBay!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you decide to purchase an antenna there are places (getfeetwet.com or ebay) that sells refurbished 2730 with the XM antenna for the price of the antenna (around $200). In other words, you can buy a 2730 w/XM antenna for the price of the antenna.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use a 2730 and xm, I love it and am thinking of buying a second gps either a 2730, 2820 or 7200 they are all xm capable, I can then put the unit on my 2nd bike and just move the gxm to bike 2, it is a pain to move the 2 peice unit. The 7200 has a huge screen, I'm thinking of going for it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you decide to purchase an antenna there are places (getfeetwet.com or ebay) that sells refurbished 2730 with the XM antenna for the price of the antenna (around $200). In other words, you can buy a 2730 w/XM antenna for the price of the antenna.
What is the difference between an XM antenna for the 2730 and an antenna for just a regular XM radio. I know I got an extra XM antenna for my Roadie for about $20...

·
Registered
466 Posts
The GXM 30 antenna houses the radio, then, the radio controls are on the gps touch screen. It is the size if a hocky puck.
And since the GXM is the receiver, you register it, not the GPS. For me, the best part is that I can move the GXM from the Zumo to the 478 to the 2820 with no problem. The GPS doesn't care, only XM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts