GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the 2730 for 3 years and was told I cannot load routes from my computer. Last night I bought the lifetime upgrade for street nav NT ver 2010.10 down loaded it from garmins site. When I bought my gps it came with street nav ver 8. NT and the NT DVD so do I just use ver 8 make routes and upload them to the 2730??? I am taking a 6000+ ride again this fall and would love to map my trip out on the computer instead of fiddling with the garmin and also make a print out of my trip..

Thank You ya'll
Doug

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
You'll need a version of MapSource updated with your latest maps. Then you can create routes all you want and load them to the GPS.

If you cannot find your copy, contact Garmin and let them know you need a copy. They'll hook you up.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
You will need to create your routes in Mapsource using the same version of map data that is in your 2730, version 2010 I assume in your case now.

Otherwise when you upload your route and select it in the GPS, the GPS will want to recalculate the route, this could change your route slightly and is a pain waiting while the GPS calculates.

You can install mapsource onto your computer from your NT DVD, I received these instructions from Garmin last year, should work the same for version 2010, just substitute 2010 for 2009.

1. Insert the DVD into the computer.
  2. Click on My Computer
  3. Right click on Garmin 2009 DVD and select Open
  4. Open Windows Folder
  5. Open MSi Folder
  6. Double click on CNNANT2009UPDATE_ENU.MSI file.
This will load the maps and MapSource onto your computer.

I just noticed you downloaded the 2010 map data, this means no Mapsource install from that update. You will need to install Mapsource from the DVD you have in your possesion, (version 8 ). Do this before updating you GPS with the new maps so it will update the maps on your computer when you update the GPS, (or just running it again should also do the trick). Mapsource can autoupdate to the most current program version over the internet once you install it.

You can definetly load routes from your computer, I've been doing it for several years on both my 2730's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts