GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the 276c and the West Marine's Plus Model? I have a handheld Garmin GPS 60 Csx, but feel the screen is too small for the goldwing. I purchased a copy of City Select DVD and I assume I can use this for the 276c unit. Thanks for any advise on this subject.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've got a 276c and love it. I just velcro'ed it on the shelf so it blocks the speedo. So what? GPS is more accurate anyway?!

Back to your question: I found this explanation on the advrider board. (Excellent travelogs and pic's on this site)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78579

Looks like West Marine added some features but when I went to their site, it says the model is no longer available. So the point may be moot...

Lance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyo said:
Are you sure you dont mean the 376C unit?
I was looking at the 376c, but could not see me paying for the weather subscription to XM radio. (Will use the weather band radio on the wing)
I already have a xm2go for the bike as well as the CD player to cover my music needs. Besides the XM function, both units seem to perform the same job navigating and the Screen displays appear to be the same.
I don't know if the internal microprocessor is faster on the 376c vs the 276c.

I bought the 276c plus on Ebay for $484 dollars (New), but I don't think it will apply for the $100 dollar rebate from Garmin.
Waiting for it to be shipped.
What I have read about the 276c I like. and Thanks to this board, now I know the difference between the two models. I like the idea of just searching through the menus I need while on the bike. May use this unit on a sailboat when I get one. For now I use my Garmin 60csx for navigation on the water in my kayak. I will read further on this board to see where the best place to mount the 276c. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts