GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

The GPS arrived today. Works fine from the family toom except for a few aggravating things

I have an LGvtx8300 phone, got it paired to the GPs.

However wont read the phone directory or the call or missed list

For some reason I can-not pair my Bluetooth headset to the GPS.

The only screen I can get when I touch phone is the main showing the call home, diectory tabs.

Can't get the headset tp pop up so I can pair it with then GPS.

The directions that came with the Garmin arn't quite working, LOL

Any thoughts here

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check your LG 8300 to see if it has SW Version T83VZV03.

Ed.. :wink:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Go to a Verizon store and get it upgraded.

Ed.. :wink:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got my Samsung SCH-I730 Smart PC Phone to pair up with the Garmin 2820 but it would not download the Phonebook. Maybe Garmin will upgrade in the future that capability for the SCH-I730.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to a Verizon store and get it upgraded.
Did that tonight now ver 3

Phone book and all phone attributes now show on the Garmin. Item1 down

ED norton(CT), thanks for the heads up

Got the headset to pair up with the garmin, more by accident than on purpose, LOL

Also Garmin never sent me the USB driver disc so I can't upgrade the software and the USB download off their website wont work. The PC knows their is a device attached just can't load the drivers

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think I am going to take my 8100 by Verizon tonight for a software upgrade. They will probably look at me as to why, it is working. The Zumo picked the phone up with no problem. I just want to make sure that all the features I can use, are usuable.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC Steve,

I had a 8100, that phone didn't have blue tooth capability, my contract was up thats why I got an 8300 and then flashed the bugger to Rev3 last night.

The 8100 was a great phone. I didn't think you could flash that phone to use Bluetooth. If that is so I'm pissed, LOL

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Well mine does pick it up, as it does have bluetooth. I just do not have the contact list and dont know what else. I can do the voice mail and dail out. But that looks to be it. I just went to the Verizon store and I have the most current software so I am stuck with what I have.

Are you sure you had the 8100? They have so many different models and choices that it would be easy to get mixed up. The wife has an 8300, so I might try hers to see what the difference would be.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stevie Stevie,

I may sound stupid sometimes but I know what I had for phones, I also added extended battery to my 8100, which also fits in the 8300 except for the extended case back which i bought from Ebay for $2.49

After I flashed the 8300 last night all the attributes of the phone work on the Garmin most noteably the contact list and call log

1 - 10 of 10 Posts