GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZOOM IN button came completely off on my last trip. The rubber must have just worn in the moveable ring.

does anyone know where I can go to get it fixed? I know Garmin won't even do DB updates on this "old" model, but it does everything I want it to and has never failed. I'd like to get more use out of it.

??

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,120 Posts
Garmin has a program going on where you send them the unit and for a flat price they will fix or send you back a refurbished unit that will be as good as new. I did that with my 2610 that the screen coating was flaking off and for 99 dollars I got back a brand new looking 2610.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I still use the 450 also. Garmin fixed it once, did not even charge me anything and it was not in warranty.

Call them and ask them.

Cannot hurt.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Jim
I sent my 450 to Garmin, they replaced the unit for a $70 flat fee & charged an addtional $70 for a software upgrade.
I thought it was worth $140 for a new Zumo, call for a return auth. # (RAN)
mail it in & your good to go :thumbup:

·
Registered
17,138 Posts
I have had older units refurbished/replaced with their deal too. I think they do a stand-up job of supporting their stuff.

prs

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I checked today. it is $175 flat fee to look at it.

damn, might as well upgrade!!

DAMN!! :shrug: $175 what the hell ???:wrong:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts