GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Garmin 590 a couple years ago and last month I finally got the Garmin TPMS modules to install on the valve stems. Everything was working fine until I started my long 2-week trip. I loaded my Day 1 route to the GPS and now the TPMS app appears to be missing and I don't know how to get it back. I think some new stuff showed up - ones with a blue "coin" with an "L" on it - I don't remember seeing them before. Also, it use to ask me if my stops were for gas and that stopped too, although every time I take it out of the mount it tells me the gas monitor works only when mounted to the motorcycle. So I'm not sure if it will tell me if my tire pressures get low.

The only other thing I remember is a device trying to connect via Bluetooth to the GPS but I'm sure I said nos. Nothing was paired to the GPS. I tried pairing my phone and that didn't do anything so I unpaired it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just did a restore and the Garmin TPMS is back. My routes are gone though! LOL! I'll reload them. :)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loaded today's route and the TPMS app is gone again. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think it has to do with the GPS switching to automotive mode, and in this mode the TPMS is not available.

·
Registered
697 Posts
There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think it has to do with the GPS switching to automotive mode, and in this mode the TPMS is not available.
Ayuh. That was me. Mine is a 395 but probably the same issue. At the initial screen mine shows Navigate To on the left and View Map on the right. Lock the GPS in the motorcycle cradle and watch the icons across the top bar. I had a motorcycle icon which would switch to a car when I snapped it in. I tapped the car icon and changed to motorcycle. Has been working as expected since.

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ayuh. That was me. Mine is a 395 but probably the same issue. At the initial screen mine shows Navigate To on the left and View Map on the right. Lock the GPS in the motorcycle cradle and watch the icons across the top bar. I had a motorcycle icon which would switch to a car when I snapped it in. I tapped the car icon and changed to motorcycle. Has been working as expected since.
THAT'S IT! Thanks guys! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts