GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the place that makes a flat mount for the dash of a 1800. I installed a new Zumo 665 and the satalite radio antenna mount by RAM puts the antenna too close and causes the satalite signal to cut out.

I was thinking someone on this board made them but I may be wrong.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have the XM antenna for my Zumo 550 mounted on a RAM mount at the right handlebar. I extended the barrel up and away from me. Never have had a problem. Even works in the garage.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the XM antenna for my Zumo 550 mounted on a RAM mount at the right handlebar. I extended the barrel up and away from me. Never have had a problem. Even works in the garage.
My 550 was mounted the same but the 665 only worked for a week.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Another mounting location you might consider is the flat 'arm rest' section of the trunk, right above the rear speakers. That's where I put my Sirius XM antenna and I've had no fade outs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gxm40 antenna placement

Tried under the right map pocket door.........lousy reception.
Placed it above the speedo and tach inside the dash panel, just below the oem windshield vent where Honda puts their GPS antenna. Best location so far and is a clean one at that. You just cant remove it without pulling the instrument cluster apart. Took a little work but so far its been worth the effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts