GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Garmin 330 for there car is it a good unit Walmart has it on sale.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great unit. We use it in the car and on the bike as we don't ride in bad weather (it is not waterproof). Easy to use most of all. Make sure you're getting v8 software as it's just been released. Garmin will give you v8 if you bought the unit after the release date (which you will) but it's a pain loading it.

Scott

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gps

Thanks Big Law looking at one for daughter for Christmas.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the 320...same as 330 w/o the hard-drive. It uses the SD card. It's a great unit...couldn't be easier to use.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c330

I just ordered one for my wife to use in her SUV 299.00

·
Registered
490 Posts
walmart online has the c320 for $ 268. I bought a 1gig sd card for $ 20 it holds the U.S and part of Canada.... got a ram mount for the wing, if it rains Ill take it off.... Kevin

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c330

I have the 2720 on my wing I bought the 330 for our SUV i went with the 330 over the 320 because the 330 comes loaded with all the maps.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I hace a C330 for my car, good basic unit, I like it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
c330

I received my c330 today it has the hard drive but has a slot on the left side what is that for I know the 320 uses a card i think the 330 has a hard drive.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
You can put an SD card in that slot. I think you can install maps for Europe and such. ( I think ) Go to Garmins website and you can download a detailed owners manual, better than the quick start that came with the unit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the 330 and gave it to my daughter and bought the 340...both are great units! Even when the 330 fell off the bike at 75mph, it got banged up but was still working when I ran back and got it. Nice feature is the battery, it will last about 8 hrs before needing charge. Garmin is real good about sending uodates to them all the time too!

·
Registered
637 Posts
PWroosa said:
Even when the 330 fell off the bike at 75mph, it got banged up but was still working when I ran back and got it.
What happened? How did you mount it? I'll be using the RAM mount and cradle...I mean I'd kinda like to keep it awhile. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the RAM mount for my C330 when I'm using it on the bike. It's never came loose. Get an adhesive lens cap lanyard from a camera store and secure it to the mount if you're worried about it popping off.

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts