GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out the c330 is not waterproof and I want to use it for my wing. Other than getting caught in a downpour or washing, is it a hassle or big chance to use if I'm careful? It's a gift and I'm debating if I should return it but I don't want to pay a whole lot more for waterproof models. Anyone get caught in the rain with it?

·
Registered
828 Posts
My XM radio is not waterproof. I use it all the time unless its raining real bad. You could get a small ziplock to cover it with or just remove when raining.

You other option is to return it and buy a waterproof one.

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
379 Posts
My GPS isn't water proof either. I do what N Ga Rider said to do, put a zip lock baggie over it it it starts to rain.
Last summer I rode 75 miles in a down pour and it worked fine.

Pap

·
Registered
373 Posts
I take my C330 off and stow it if it's going to rain. The only problem then is the exposed electrical contacts on the Ram Mount. I still cover the mounting base as I don't want to blow any fuses.

Scott

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your feedback guys. I think I'll keep it and just be careful. Bag it or stow it in the rain.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When you are in hotels that have those shower caps laying out, start stocking up with them. They make great GPS covers for times it is raining hard. For the most part, while you are traveling, the windshield will protect from water getting directly on your unit.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Is the power inlet connector available seperately from the C330? I want to mount it on a RAM mount and it requires removing and re-installing the Garmin power connector on the RAM. If I could get the connectore, I could swap from the bike to the car very easily.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts