GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the Garmin C530 I am thinking of buying one at a pretty good price but was wondering if this unit is any good. Can it be hard wired, does Ram make a mount for it and if so does it mount easily. does it lose reception in mountain ranges, I know it is not waterproof but that is really not an issue with me as I would be using it mostly in my car and maybe 3 times a year on the bike and would just remove it should rain become a problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Gsxr Guy said:
...Can it be hard wired
You could use the cigarette-lighter adapter to provide power for the unit - there is no 'bare-wire' power cable assembly available for it.

does Ram make a mount for it and if so does it mount easily.
Yes, RAM makes an adapter for the small 'swivel ball' built into the back of the unit.

You'll need to pop out the Garmin automotive suction cup adapter and install the new RAM adapter in its' place and then you can attach any of the standard RAM parts.

does it lose reception in mountain ranges
Yes, even though it has the SiRF receiver, you will still occasionally lose your signal but not often enough to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts