GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Garmin c550 Street Pilot yesterday and I can not believe how user friendly this thig is. I dumped the I-Pod and can now incorporate all my MP3's into this unit. (does not support M4P's) The sound quality is amazing through my new Aria JM integrated helmet. My phone is Bluetooth compatable and it works great with the unit. I think the neatest thing about this design is no external antenna needed. I can just take the unit off the mount and use it in all of our vehicles. I did have to change the default voice (a womens voice) to a mans voice because I can't stand a women telling me how and where to drive. Other than that so far I rate this thing a 10!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be waterproof. I am having a cover made for it that will allow the front to be transperant and I can still use the touch screen. We worked on the design for about an hour. Should work if I stay out of lakes and rivers.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
It will be covered, but it won't be waterproof. The unit will still be susceptible to condensation, especially in the humid Florida weather. Try to keep temperature fluctuations to a minimum as bringing it into a cool environment after being hot & humid will cause the moisture inside the the unit, including the memory card slot, to condense.

Since the internal circuitry isn't sealed, you might get condensation that causes non-warranted failures. (I've seen this already on other devices installed on the bikes including a Magellan Roadmate unit)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts