GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the below letter from Garmin...

Dear Garmin Customer:

Our records indicate that you have purchased a map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi.

Garmin has recently identified an issue on select map update cards. This affects certain navigation functionality on map updates for model years 2006–2008.

Garmin is committed to quality and customer satisfaction, and we are proactively working to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A Garmin representative will contact you as soon as possible - likely within the next 4 weeks - with more detailed information regarding the resolution of this issue.

Regards,
Garmin

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i just canceled my order........for now.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yes, I got the letter also.

I think I found their problem, any time I enter a destination, all seems okay, but I always end up at a Harley Davidson dealership.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts

I think I found their problem, any time I enter a destination, all seems okay, but I always end up at a Harley Davidson dealership.
Ha ha ha........good one!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I think they deserve credit for giving you the heads-up. Lots of companies clam-up.

prs

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Interestingly, I got the letter also. This despite the fact that my order has been delivered, is installed, and is working fabulously. Are they about to send me an update of my update? Time will tell.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I think they deserve credit for giving you the heads-up. Lots of companies clam-up.prs
I agree but jeeezeess,
it took them almost 6 years to bring it out and then they messed it up..
.. something not right about that.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they deserve credit for giving you the heads-up. Lots of companies clam-up.
prs
Yeah, I know what your saying, they fest up and did the right thing as far as I'm concerned, on the other hand, Honda still won't say there's any thing wrong with their transmissions yet???

The Tech that did mine last year told me the other day that he has done dozens of them, but Honda still won't admit there's anything wrong inside...

I agree but jeeezeess,

Dennis
I agree, it has been a long time and still it wrong???

I've had mine in for three weeks now and it doesn't show some in the interstates I've been riding on, shows me riding out in the green????
:shrug: :shrug:

I guess as long as I don't get hit or run over by a tree it'll be OK??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

You think that's bad?.I mentioned to a friend that he looked like he was gaining weight.He said "It's this dam new 2010 fault-it keeps pulling into DQ parking lots" and shutting itself off for two hours,So I have to kill time somehow so I get a bite to eat..And it shows too I said!.:wrong:

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I agree but jeeezeess,

Dennis
This is not the only update they've delivered in the last 6 years.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Dear Garmin Customer:

Our records indicate that you have purchased a map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi.

Garmin has recently identified an issue on select map update cards. This affects certain navigation functionality on map updates for model years 2006–2008.

Garmin is committed to quality and customer satisfaction, and we are proactively working to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A Garmin representative will contact you as soon as possible - likely within the next 4 weeks - with more detailed information regarding the resolution of this issue.

Regards,
Garmin

DOes this mean not all cards are malfunctioning? mine seems to be working fine also.

·
Registered
686 Posts

And motor oil is puddled under the NAVI unit, too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ordered my update on 6-22-11 and received this email on 7-15-11. Nothing is mentioned about a Garmin representative contacting me. Maybe they've encountered more issues. :shrug: We'll see.

Dear Garmin Customer:

Garmin has identified an issue with the map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi. This issue affects map updates for model years 2006–2008. As a result, shipments are temporarily on hold.

Garmin is committed to quality and customer satisfaction, and we are proactively working to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We expect the map update cards to begin shipping in August, and we apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

If you have placed an order for this product, your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. If you would like to cancel your order, you may do so by calling 1-866-606-7555 in the United States and 1-866-429-9296 in Canada.

Regards,

Garmin

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
This is not the only update they've delivered in the last 6 years.
have my doubts...
my 06 was updated 09
... but with pretty much the same data as 06...
(still the same outdated roads around here)

.... not much of an update except for the lighter wallet.

Dennis

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
have my doubts...
my 06 was updated 09
... but with pretty much the same data as 06...
(still the same outdated roads around here)

.... not much of an update except for the lighter wallet.

Dennis
I think the issue is with the firmware (just assuming) and there have been a couple firmware revisions since the original and some noticeable changes have been made. This change would be much bigger since it is being moded to read NT map versions (or a variation of the NT versions) and that's a lot more complex than a few tweaks here and there. I've been a programmer for over 20 years now so I understand there can be some issues. No biggie, they'll get it handled.

This is the first time I updated. No complaints about price.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
..been a programmer for over 20 years now so I understand there can be some issues.
agree on that...
with such a very small "base"... no doubt most on this board have been the "beta testers" for this special Honda/GL1800 "release".

Dennis

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
agree on that...
with such a very small "base"... no doubt most on this board have been the "beta testers" for this special Honda/GL1800 "release".

Dennis
Yup. Exactly. I'm just happy they are making an effort to continue support for our older CF units because I'm going to have mine for a long time. :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts