GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the place that makes a flat mount for the dash of a 1800. I installed a new Zumo 665 and the satalite radio antenna mount by RAM puts the antenna too close and causes the satalite signal to cut out.

I was thinking someone on this board made them but I may be wrong.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I just stuck it over on the right side of the dash. It works very well even though it is not absolutely level...the bike isn't usually level either.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Since the bracket that held my old XM radio was metal I attached the magnetic base to the GSM 40 and let it sit there. Here's a picture from my test of a tether.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Believe RAM makes an adaptor for it, round top bent with about 30 degree angle that mounts to back of gps !

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe RAM makes an adaptor for it, round top bent with about 30 degree angle that mounts to back of gps !
I have that mount and per Garmin it puts it too close to the GPS and causes interferance. I took it off and held it about a foot away and it works fine.
We were in th UP of Michigan and I took it off and "duck taped" it to the dash for the remainder of the trip.
Garmin are some real nice people, was out there May 6th while in KC, MO

·
Registered
686 Posts
I am looking for the place that makes a flat mount for the dash of a 1800. I installed a new Zumo 665 and the satalite radio antenna mount by RAM puts the antenna too close and causes the satalite signal to cut out.

I was thinking someone on this board made them but I may be wrong.
Thanks in Advance.
You're thinking of our good friend and board member Quickdraw at FireCreek Accessories (firecreekacc.com), and his farkle shelf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts