GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2820 work super.

However, when you use Street Navigator on the desk top to try and set up a new POI something funny happens.

When you type in a street name and have all of the other data in correctly and try to create a POI the street name defaults to a drop down list of names. In 3 out of 3 cases the name I was looking for was not on the list even though the streets have been there for 50+ years.

It will not accept the street as typed.

Then sometimes it drops down to a final list with Garmins selection and hopefully the way you typed it in.

The bottm line is thats it is aggravating me

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
You shoulda bought an iWay.... :lol:

That's 'normal' for mapsource - it's actually better if you enter the least amount of information possible and let the program sift through the results (just '3' for 3rd Ave. for example)

You'll still find situations where it just doesn't work well though. It actually works much better on the GPS itself...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon,

Don't start on me big guy, LOL

If this is my biggest problem I will be VERRRRY happy.

This unit works great, Bluetooth works great, in fact

EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT

Their Customer service is super

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyo

Thats the issue.

Reset the last entry complete type in the street name and a drop down list appears and in most cases you might get a form of the name but in most cases not the right one

Won't accept what you type in, have to pick one from the list.

However, if you go to the maps and find the street and work your way to the right house or address you can create a waypoint and save it.

Very tedious and really aggravates the hell out of me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts