GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the newest Garmin map version for the 2012 Gold Wings is version 2012.1. Wonder how we can get a new SD Card with this new version? Just call and order? Or can we download it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But is this for the new 2012 Gold Wings? Seems to be more talk about bikes up to '08! The new version for he 2012 Gold Wings is 2012.1. Just wanting to know how to get it!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I see your point. The current ones for sale on the Garmin website are 2011.10.

I don't know how to update the 2012's or if that update (2012.10) is really any different than the 2011.10 that just came out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I guess I may just have to call them to find out for sure and if so, order a new SD Card for the 2012. :thumbup:

·
Registered
704 Posts
City Navigator Europe 2012.2 just came out on 7/21/11.

City Navigator North America 2012.2 will be out in a week or two.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Seems the newest Garmin map version for the 2012 Gold Wings is version 2012.1. Wonder how we can get a new SD Card with this new version? Just call and order? Or can we download it?
why not ask the manufacturer instead of end users on this forum that dont have any inside info?
i seriously doubt anyone here has the product's release schedule from Garmin.
those "Release" numbers are for other units not the OEM units that were just recently released.
and do you really think there is any roads you are gonna travel that you need an updated release?
if and when you run into road signage that says "road closed seek a detour" i doubt the updated release will do you any good since you probably used the OEM to get there to begin.

caio'

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why not ask the manufacturer instead of end users on this forum that dont have any inside info?
i seriously doubt anyone here has the product's release schedule from Garmin.
those "Release" numbers are for other units not the OEM units that were just recently released.
and do you really think there is any roads you are gonna travel that you need an updated release?
if and when you run into road signage that says "road closed seek a detour" i doubt the updated release will do you any good since you probably used the OEM to get there to begin.

caio'
I just think I have OCD!!! I like to have new things like my 2012 updated with the newest stuff!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I just got off of the phone with "Mark" at Garmin.

He said the delay continues, and he is being told that shipments will not resume for those of us waiting for the 2006 through 2008 bikes until Mid August. All other bikes are shipping updates without delay.

So, we now wait for August...

Are we having fun yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts