GL1800Riders Forums banner

Garmin Newfoundland Maps

793 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  R.K. MA.3 George 
#1 ·
So for those of you that HAVE a Garmin with City Navigator for Canada & also NA.......does City Navigator for Canada include good/acurate street level maps of Newfoundland? City Nav for North America was very weak at street level for most of Nova Scotia. So I purchased CN for Canada which helped but concerned about Newfoundland.

Cheers, Kevin

#2 ·
gps maps

Keven

I've City Navigator V-8
If you want, I can make a screen copy of a city of your choice, so you can see how detailed the map's are.

As far as I can see, they are as detailed as here in N.H.
See... http://powers31.info/picturepage.htm

E-Mail thop3138@comcast.net

#4 ·
Thanks guys.

Heading over to Newfoundland this summer and perfer not to get lost due to inadequate street level detail. The level of detail for Nova Scotia was spotty, some areas were covered well while other areas only had a dot where the town or city was located, this is with V.7 of Nav.

The Canadian Nav now gives me complete coverage of NS. It was interesting that V.7 while weak in NS was fairly detailed for New Brunswick & PEI.

Kevin

#5 ·
Lost in Newfoundland?
How could you get lost?
Arnt there only about 6 roads?

Wait.......... Dont start flaming me........ I am only kidding.

I have been to Roddicton twice and love the country. As far as taking the bike up there. I dont know. I have thousands of miles here in the USA that I have yet to see.
Done part of Nova Scotia and all of New Brunswick without GPS. My Garmin version 7 software is spotty in Nova Scotia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.