GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to get the sun visor for the Garmin Street Pilot 3 ? Did not see it listed on the garmin site. This model is a lot better than my old grey scale street pilot. :D
Thanks
Dennis :

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
GPS Sun Shade

Dennis

I think you have the answers to your question about the Sun Visor but I feel the need to tell my experince.

I received one with my unit when I brought it. After retunring from Wing Ding I found that it had warped bad. I thought I had done something wrong and purchased another only to have it warp. Not sure what is causing it but expect heat fron the sun comming through the windshield.

I am currently trying a fix. I went to an office supply store and purchased a notebook binder made of thin/flexable clear plastic. Cut a piece out to replace the black one and had it stiched back in at the local shoe store. Will have to let you know how it works.

If anyone has had this same problem and has a working correction would like to hear about it.

Ron

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Strret pilot shade

I visited our local fabric store and purchased some 1/8 thick foam that was black on one side and grey on the other. Cut out a shape that would provide the shade I wanted. Put the loop velcro on the SP and the hooks on the foam. Goes on and off easily, easily replaced when it gets worn and will fold away in an accident. Wraping it down the sides will give you just the right shape. It does help to store it flat if you are in the habit of removing the SP when you stop.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I went to a local plastics dealer (Tap Plastics) http://www.tapplastics.com/applications/index.php? and purchased a small sheet of flexible acrylic and some U channeling and made my visor for less than a $1.50. I used some velcro on the top and sides and it works perfectly, so I keep it on full time regardless of the vehicle it's being used in.

DaleC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts