GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the map updates happen if they also update all the other items available on the GPS like state helmet laws, POI's, etc?

I just ordered the 595LM and was just wondering when I update if all the others items besides the map will be updated as well....

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Anyone know when the map updates happen if they also update all the other items available on the GPS like state helmet laws, POI's, etc?

I just ordered the 595LM and was just wondering when I update if all the others items besides the map will be updated as well....

Cant help you with that.
I love your new avatar.:grin2:

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Just updated my 595 today.
I’m no computer geek but yes they give choices to update other stuff besides maps.
Took me about an hour and so far everything seems to be working fine.
Seems like I only update about once a year, my 595 is going on three years old and so far it’s been working fine, the few issues I’ve had were mostly caused by my own lack of operating knowledge.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might ask that question on this site.

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/index.php?sid=f0ae0e71a7c3a3365f0a91fe6daf35ae

They replaced the Zumo Forum that ceased operation early last year.
Just updated my 595 today.
I’m no computer geek but yes they give choices to update other stuff besides maps.
Took me about an hour and so far everything seems to be working fine.
Seems like I only update about once a year, my 595 is going on three years old and so far it’s been working fine, the few issues I’ve had were mostly caused by my own lack of operating knowledge.
Thank you to both!!!!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
In theory there is a schedule. In practice, stuff updates when it updates.

Just plug it in to your computer once in a while and run Garmin Express. It will update whatever needs it. Map updates take a while. Software, voices, etc. are pretty quick.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you run Garmin Express with no device plugged into your computer, it will show you if
there are updates available for any of your REGISTERED Garmin products. I usually check for
Garmin Express updates when I run it because they update Garmin Express quite often.

I ran Garmin Express this morning while reading this thread and there were a couple updates available
for a Garmin Drive 51 gps I have in one of my cars.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Also, you don't have to wait for Garmin to update Points of Interest. For instance, some places don't or did not show up on my Garmin 665 so I found this site.

http://www.poi-factory.com

The only problem is that some of the POI files are not always updated so may be a few years old. I like Waffle House and Texas Roadhouse. So, I downloaded those POI files and added them to my GPS among others.

Just one more option.

On the 665 you have to ask/select to use these POI files since they will not automatically show up in the general selection menus (i.e Food for instance) unless they are also included in the basic Garmin files. But you have the option to look for them when you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts