GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2610,and for various reasons have kept the Garmin V around.I don't use it much any more,but it would be nice if it worked when I wanted it to!

When navigating a route,or using "go to" a waypoint,the unit will draw the route,but no next turn pop ups.It gives distance to final,arrival time etc. It gives a direction to travel at the top of the navigation screen

I've checked to make sure pop ups are turned on.I was using it
"off road" for a while,but changed it back to "faster time"

It must be a setting someplace I'm missing,but I can't find it

·
Registered
38 Posts
are you sure you selected the maps around your route?
Not many replies here. I think nobody uses the GPS V anymore besides me haha

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey....I still use my Garmin V everytime I go out of town and have a rent car...but I am sorry that I don't know the answer. You are correct, it has to be a simple setting somewhere. Mine worked fine this week down here in Orlando.

I'll take a look at the settings when I get back to TX on Friday.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Jeff,

maybe the unit isn't set for the route - meaning it just gives direct distance information. In that mode there will be no pop-ups at all.

Just a thought,
Reiner

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a V that I use for off road work and it has never had the next turn popups. It is great for routing but you just have to watch the nav screen for the next turn. i think that is the way they are. ???

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
lomax said:
I have a V that I use for off road work and it has never had the next turn popups. It is great for routing but you just have to watch the nav screen for the next turn. i think that is the way they are. ???

Cheers.
Marc
I have a V that I've replaced with a 2610. As far as I can remember,the V does pop up with an arrow showing the turn but only when you get close to it.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reinerka said:
Jeff,

maybe the unit isn't set for the route - meaning it just gives direct distance information. In that mode there will be no pop-ups at all.

Just a thought,
Reiner
The only setting I can find is under Setup/Guidance and I have Next Turn Popups turned on. Under Routing/Route Preference there is an option for Off Road,but I have it set to Faster Time

I found another problem today,don't kow if it's related,but could be.

It was suggested above that maybe the maps that were loaded had something to do with it.
I tried to upload maps from CN 6 and CN 7,and got messages that the maps had not been unlocked.I tried to unlock,and got a message that the maps were unlocked.
I try to upload maps again and get the same message

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Something to try:

On the GPS V
Go to the map page and press menu, then select Mapsource info and see if the maps that are loaded somehow got unchecked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts