GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Zumo 550 works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't! It will just quite working for no apparent reason. Screen goes black as though it has lost power. When the bike is turned off and then back on, the Zumo will then come back on. Sounds strange, but it seems to do this more in really hot weather....can the stupid thing get too hot! I have checked the battery connections and they are tight, both hot and ground. Also, just installed a new cradle.

Thanks,

Danny

·
Registered
847 Posts
Check the connections on the bottom of the unit, if they are green use an eraser to clean them. you may also want to check out the Zumo forums.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Do you have MP3s loaded? If you have one or more that Zumo doesn't like, it will crash. I had a back-and-forth with support and they didn't really care too much. Their response was 'delete the MP3 file'

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Check the connections on the bottom of the unit, if they are green use an eraser to clean them. you may also want to check out the Zumo forums.
:thumbup: My old 450 use to do that and I had to use the eraser trick all the time. Also I used some fine sand paper and lightly sanded the contacts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Take the battery out and clean the contacts. Even if you have the Zumo connected to an outside power source, it will not operate if the battery voltage is low. This also works if it goes black and it won't turn on. You can also remove the battery and put it on the mount and see if it works ok.

This has worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts