GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I run my Garmin Zumo 660, I use the speed option so I can see exactly what speed I'm riding at. For as long as I've owned the GPS, as soon as I cross the border into the U.S. a small rectangular speed limit sign appears in the bottom corner of the screen. It tells me the speed limit of the road I'm riding on. And beside that (where my speed is usually shown) the speed shown is white if I'm riding at the speed limit or lower, and red if I'm over the speed limit. Kind of a neat feature, especially being able to check what the speed limit is. Never had this feature occur when riding in Canada. Last weekend on highways 400, 401, 402 and the QEW in ON the speed limit sign appeared. I guess this feature is now making its way into Canada.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I haven't noticed it yet on 416 or 417 but it's good to know it's coming. Of course, it's not really the 400 class highways we need. The colour change with speed must be a Zumo special because on my Nuvis the speed limit sign was always white in the US. Might be time to check for a firmware update.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not really the 400 class highways we need.
:agree: On the secondary roads and the smaller country roads sometimes it seems you don't see a speed sign for the longest time. Nice to have this feature to remind you what the posted speed is. I've been in IN & OH this week (in the car unfortunately), and it's been nice to always know what the posted speed is.

on my Nuvis the speed limit sign was always white in the US.
Not the speed limit sign. It stays white. It's your actual speed, which is shown right beside the speed sign. Your actual speed is white or red.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Not the speed limit sign. It stays white. It's your actual speed, which is shown right beside the speed sign. Your actual speed is white or red.
I'll have to watch for that then, maybe on the wife's Nuvi 265T. I haven't noticed it on my 770T. More likely Zumo specific.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
:agree:It's on my cheapy, Nuvi 255W too! Don't know about Canadian highways yet but definately on US ones.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I see the speed limit posting on my Zumo 665 on many of the US roads but it appears this data is not in the mapping database for most Canadian roads. It's a bummer as I find the speed limit posting very usefully.

Hopefully over time the Canadian speed limits will make it into the map data and start appearing on the screens of supporting Garmin models.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
:agree: It is a great feature to have!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Came back from Michigan yesterday and didn't appear on my Zumo 550. Maybe need a update. Tony:shrug:

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Came back from Michigan yesterday and didn't appear on my Zumo 550. Maybe need a update. Tony:shrug:
Tony - I talked to a buddy last week with a Zumo 550. I'm pretty sure he said that he checked with Garmin and this feature is not available on the 550. I've been in the US for the last few days (GA right now), and I have to say this feature is real nice.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
speed

It would be real nice if we got our speed limits bumped up 15-20 KM.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts