GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Garmin Customer:

Our records indicate that you have purchased a map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi.

Garmin has recently identified an issue on select map update cards. This affects certain navigation functionality on map updates for model years 2006–2008.

Garmin is committed to quality and customer satisfaction, and we are proactively working to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A Garmin representative will contact you as soon as possible - likely within the next 4 weeks - with more detailed information regarding the resolution of this issue.

Regards,
Garmin

I received this email on July 20, 2011. I have not heard from them since. The GPS has a minor hick up. The map trembles some usually at first start up. Does any one else have this problem? Has anybody been contacted by Garmin with a solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Got the same email....that was the last contact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Garmin customer service

Same problem, also puts you on the highway no matter what you do. I called and emailed garmin, their comment to me, "were working on the problem". Now they tell me as of 8/25/11 that maybe September it will be fixed. Here is a copy of their email. And still no refund.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International I will be happy to assist you. The reason why the unit takes you all over the place no matter what you do and the street names change too fast is because there is a problem with the software. This is just one example of why they put a hold on all update cards and offered a refund. If you were not offered a refund I apologize, but you can call us at 1-800-800-1020. There is no way to reset the device to the old software, however, you can try and remove card to see if that will help. We are being told they have corrected the issue and will release them in the beginning of September.

Thank you,

Barry H.
DTS
Garmin International
913-397-8200
800-800-1020
913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Barry H., Associate #6969

1 - 4 of 4 Posts