GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gary Hockerman "Mr Machine" was a dear friend to many of us.

With the blessing from Ann (Gary's wife) Amy Hoeppner is spearheading a memorial ride ride to remember Gary and gather to show our love for Ann. The ride is planned for Noon on Saturday, June 13th. Meet at the Osseo Family Restaurant (lockdown permitting) at 12613 Gunderson Rd, Osseo, WI 54758. Let's open our hearts and share stories and pictures of our dear friend. For now put this in your calendars. But, as we get closer we will need a head count. Since Amy is not on the forum - Please PM me with the number attending the ride.

As a reminder of our time together, I've designed a t-shirt. Below is an example of the design. They will ONLY be available in Gildan brand BLACK t-shirt, MEN sizes, and prints in white on front and back. They are $15 each. You do not have to attend the ride to order a shirt. Please PM me with number of shirts and sizes.

Order cut off is Tuesday, May 12th.

Payment:
To pay by PayPal use this link:

To pay by check, make check out to "Susan Schabacker" then PM me for my mailing address.

Receiving shirt(s):
I can bring shirt(s) to you at the ride. Or if I see you before then.
I can ship to you - I just ask you to pay for shipping. (I'll ship the cheapest way possible). This is NOT a profit making deal - I'm purchasing them through my work - they are only charging me "cost" value.

Thank you and let's keep Gary in our hearts and in the wind.
Spike

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
I would really like to make this.... :cry: But if not on lockdown I will be with kids and grandkids on vacation. It's been too long since I have been in WI to visit my friends. :cry: With my diagnosis last fall I need to get up there while I am able.

@Rail32

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Spike I tried sending the paypal money to paypal.me/spikeschabacker but couldn’t get it to work. Has it worked for anyone else ?
OK I finally got it to work using the Paypal link you sent through messenger

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clarification
I’m only ordering the exact number and sizes of shirts as requested. There will not be extra to purchase. If I do not get a PM with your order you will not be able to get a shirt.
Thanks
Spike

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I would really like to make this.... :cry: But if not on lockdown I will be with kids and grandkids on vacation. It's been too long since I have been in WI to visit my friends. :cry: With my diagnosis last fall I need to get up there while I am able.

@Rail32
That video got me laughing out loud. Thanks, I needed that!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
That video got me laughing out loud. Thanks, I needed that!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moved up the order deadline to tomorrow May 12th. To insure we have them made and shipped in time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m ordering exactly what is requested by you all. There will be NO extras to buy at a later date.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
I received the shirt for Mr.Machine's Memorial Ride. Very impressed with the quality... but then everything associated with Gary was impressive.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I received the shirt for Mr.Machine's Memorial Ride. Very impressed with the quality... but then everything associated with Gary was impressive.
Me too!

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Rode to Osseo yesterday, Osseo Family Restaurant had a great big sign saying the restaurant Is open. It’s a truck stop restaurant place.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Rode to Osseo yesterday, Osseo Family Restaurant had a great big sign saying the restaurant Is open. It’s a truck stop restaurant place.
I’ve been there several times before. It’s been very busy every time including having to wait a bit to fuel up the bike. So far, the weather looks pretty decent for the ride.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Its actually a BP truck stop now, not sure but I think it might Have been a different brand a few years ago. Right now the weather forecast for Saturday is looking great.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
It was really nice to see all the bikes that showed up for Gary's aka "Mr. Machine" memorial ride. Rail's red R1200RT Beemer looked really nice. (y) The weather really co-operated, it was a very nice day.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Anybody got any pictures to share?

Reactions: Pooch
1 - 20 of 42 Posts