GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick glance in 2012 board to see if anyone is doing the radio key knob like we do on the pre '12? Seems the knobs are a lot harder to find that match the 2012 radio knobs. And, what keys do you use? Are they the same keys as the earlier models? TIA

·
Registered
249 Posts
I did a quick glance in 2012 board to see if anyone is doing the radio key knob like we do on the pre '12? Seems the knobs are a lot harder to find that match the 2012 radio knobs. And, what keys do you use? Are they the same keys as the earlier models? TIA
I got the knob at my dealer that matches the radio knobs. No biggie

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had 2 made at Wally world cost $3.84. Got black knobs from a friend. I think I have 2 knobs left. PM me your address and I will mail them to you. Boomer 1832 said I could. LOL
Old Fred

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
Still need to figure out the key blanks used.
All years of the 1800 use the same blank. I use Axxess 27 from K Mart or Pep Boys. You can also use a Axxess 27R for the gas lid. 27R can be found at Home Depot & Lowes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gas cap

Was wondering how to attach keys to knob??? Is this done so that you can leave the keys in those locks all the time??

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, it will be done just like the 2001-2010 models. I used Gorilla Glue on mine. Others use JB weld with good results. Plan is to leave them in the key slot. My '03 keys have been in there since I got the bike in '05. Never been out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts