GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Special cap... don’t ask how I know that. Where’d you leave yours? On top a gas pump? There should be one at a gas station in Elko Nevada, you could check there and have it if they kept it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would do a search on the forum. A while back (maybe a couple of years) someone posted that a replacement gas cap for a riding mower will work. I think they got it at Home Depot or Lowe's. Find a friend who will lend you this for comparison. I think they paid less the $10. Good luck and post it if you find it I'm sure others will be grateful

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had no luck when I left mine on a gas pump in Eastern Oregon. I was headed to Colorado via Lolo Pass.

Didn't discover it was missing until gas was pouring out when I did a hard brake about 75 miles later.

Tried many types at many auto supply stores..no luck. Paid the $35 + for the OEM.

Good Luck

P.S. My Wing is an 06.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Special cap... don’t ask how I know that. Where’d you leave yours? On top a gas pump? There should be one at a gas station in Elko Nevada, you could check there and have it if they kept it.

Arkansas for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you don't use the OEM gas cap, I'm pretty sure your engine will explode. Jus' sayin'.

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 10 of 10 Posts