GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have created a Gas Log and Mileage Calculator application for Microsoft Excel. It is located on my 2004 GL1800 Calendar web-site which can be accessed by clicking on the "www" button at the bottom of any of my messages on this board. There is a U.S. version and a Canadian version available there. Simply click on the link on the index page of the calendar (upper left corner above the month selector links).

IMPORTANT: If the Gas Log links do not show and you still see "Nov/03 and Dec/03", click on your browser's REFRESH button. (does anyone know how to get a web-page to refresh automatically when it is displayed?)

When you click on the Gas Log link, it will automatically download the worksheet to your desired location.

The top row (yellow) will keep track of your totals and average cost and mileage automatically as you enter each gas purchase info (date, odometer, and gallons or litres).

For those who have Excel, enjoy!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can't seem to find it Tom. The links start with Nov/03, there's nothing above that, nor at the bottom under December.

BTW...Nov/03 don't work. Shaw can't find page. or something like that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Jim Mathis said:
Can't seem to find it Tom. The links start with Nov/03, there's nothing above that, nor at the bottom under December.

BTW...Nov/03 don't work. Shaw can't find page. or something like that.

Never mind....It's there now. Pretty neat. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tom Pickett said:
(does anyone know how to get a web-page to refresh automatically when it is displayed?)
You really do not want that as it really pissess off a lot of people. What happens is the page loads, the javascript will then kick in after the page is complete, clear the screen and do it all again. The javascript has no way of nowing if the page needs refreshing or not so it does it all the time. You could set a cookie with the page date and then get the script to check.

Really damned annoying, so stick with the message, "This page changes often, to make sure you are seeing the latest copy, click the 'refresh' button" or similar message.

I think I have a little javascript here somewhere for it but we got so much flak we took it off our website.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks, Tom - looks like a winner. Appreciate your willingness to share your expertise with us. Trust you'll have a wonderful christmas and a most properous New Year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tom,
Thanks!! Looks like it will work great for what I need!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sorry, no gas logs for me! Nothing but genuine, real wood logs will do!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts