GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a nice little 300 mile ride today.

In Jonesboro, Louisiana, at the intersection of LA Hwy 4 and US 167 there were two gas stations with Regular 87 Octane for $2.05.9 per gallon.

25 miles down the road the price was $2.39.9 per gallon

I just wonder if we will see gas for under $2.00 again.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
There was a story on the news lat night about a "gas war" at an interesection in DeKalb Co ( east Metro Atlanta). It go down to $149 or so, and one station ran out. The other raised it to $179, and they still ran out. The best price I have seen around Acworth (Northwest Metro Atlanta)is $2.29.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
Here is another good one:

www.gasbuddy.com
I use that one as well. The only problem is that they rely on input from the public. :(

If you don't have a geek with a car that can check the prices and post them, you're out of luck.

Fortunately, I am surrounded by geeks with cars. I get really good current information for my area from the gasbuddy site. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are many stations at $1.99 in the northern suburbs. The average is around $2.10 here in Cincinnati. According to the local news the national average is $2.53.

We just came back from the Smokies and the range was $2.20-$2.50 for the local low price.

Rick

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went out to the HD Dealership in Plainfield to pick up a part for my old Shovelhead....imagine that.....and saw a Speedway station that had gas for $2.01. Everthing else around was about $2.17 that I saw the rest of the day. Had to be some sort of gimmick or special thing. I didn't see a radio station or anything. There was construction and I was preparing to weave in and out of the cones...LOL... Ken

·
Fire Eating Member
6,472 Posts
I don't get it... I live within 60 miles of at least a dozen refineries... and 30% of the oil that comes into the US comes thru So. Louisiana...the cheapest gas in this town is $2.37 a gal... go figure .. someone is making a killin

cosmic

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
We are still in the 2.60-2.70s up here in the great Pacific Northwest.
**** :(

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
When I figure gas prices, I try to deduct the amount of federal, state, and local taxes from the computing. Depending on where you live, this could be as much as 50 cents (or more) per gallon.

Which makes me wonder... Why is it bad for the oil companies to make a profit, and why is it good for the Government to make a profit.

One thing the Government could do to alleviate gas prices is to pass a law that reduces the taxes whenever prices rise above a certain level.

Yeah... let's hold our breathes waiting for that one.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I paid $2.19 at a rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike. Locally, we're at $2.49, but dropping. An Ohioan said that in the northern counties it was running $2.03. I guess that we have hope. Like hope it drops before they salt the roads.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We still pay a whole lot less than most other countries. I just spent 3 weeks in Canada, at just over $4.01 per gallon (after converting both dollars and liters). Used to live in Germany - Canada is cheap by comparison.

Carl

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
TJ: Here in Nevada, they passed a law years ago that says that if the Feds lower the gas taxes, the state taxes automatically rise by the same amount.

We're still paying ~$2.70 a gallon for regular here. I expect the national average price to jump back over $3.00 a gallon after the November elections.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.