GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to do BBG ride out to El Paso and back and am planning my fuel stops. Using Google maps I "found" a Chevron station in Kent at the mile 176 exit. However, I can't be sure this station is open any more and I can't find a number to call.

Also, how about Balmorhea? I don't find any fuel listed, but I have to ask anyway.

If Kent and Balmorhea don't have fuel I'll just fuel up earlier, but it will mean one less stop if I can gas up at either of those places.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Glen

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Google Maps shows a Fina Station in Balmorhea at Interstate 10 & State Hwy 17. Their phone number is (432) 375-2418.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey Glen, just for s & g, I checked mileage from my house to El Paso and back. I would be about 100 miles short of BBG. I can't let you get to much ahead of me on iron butt trips... ;) Good luck on your ride!

David

·
Registered
883 Posts
Streets & Trips shows a phone number.....915-828-3510 for the Chevron at exit 176:thumbup:

·
Administrator
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I asked prematurely, for after a little more planning I decided not to go all the way to El Paso. From Woodville to Fort Hancock is 796 miles, so if that is my turnaround I'll get 1,592 miles (Google Maps) without having to go all the way to El Paso.

So far I'm planning to start in Woodville and fuel up in Columbus, Kerrville, Ozona, Fort Stockton, and Fort Hancock. The longest run between stops is only 186 miles so I shouldn't have to worry about fuel between those stops.

If the weather cooperates and the wife isn't looking I'm hoping to do this ride this coming Saturday, the 25th. If so I'll post a SPOT link.

Thanks for your help.

David, wish you could come with me again. Your pushing me was the only way I made our last RAT in the time we made it. Also, consider doing a BBG by riding down I-45 to Houston, then I-10 to El Paso, then I-20 back to Dallas and your home. That'll should give you the miles and let you take advantage of the 80 mph limits west of Kerrville.

Glen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts