GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News has just reported that gas prices in the Chattanooga area has dropped below $2.00 a gallon. Raceway on Rossville Blvd is $1.93 today. Friday another station had it for $1.89. Wonder how long it will last? Richard

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Saw 1.99 today

I'd summer time it'll go up :x

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
$1.97 today!

·
Registered
350 Posts
The news media are doing all they can to stir up talk of a war with Iran, it won't be long before the oil traders tune in and decide this is a good time to get "worried" and start bidding up the price.

This time when they get done, they won't stop at 3.50 per gallon, it will be 4.50. My opinion anyway.

·
Registered
260 Posts
With Crude Oil dropping nearly 25% over the last few months, we should have seen some relief at the pump a long time ago. It is funny how fast they go up when some kind of market news comes out that will reflect a jump in cost but they sure are slow at coming down at the pump once the market falls back.

July saw crude oil prices at $78.40 a barrel. Today crude closed at around $61 after dropping back to $55 last week. That is a big difference in the cost of supply.

We better enjoy the lower prices while we can. News just came out today that supplies have been overstated and that will show up real quick at the pump as stated earlier. The market will drive the price back up some. Example: last weeks price was $55 and today Crude Oil closed at $61.

SIX DOLLARS...
Just because of some report that was posted about supply.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'm sure after the fire today, it'll go up. At least, they have a good excuse. :wink:

CALIFORNIA.- A fire at Chevron Corp.`s Richmond, California, refinery was brought under control about two hours after it erupted, a police dispatcher said.

No one was injured in the blaze, which was reported at 5:22 a.m. local time at the plant, which accounts for 23 percent of San Ramon, California-based Chevron`s U.S. refining capacity, said Vanessa Rodrigues, a dispatcher for the Richmond Police Department.

The refinery has a capacity of 225,000 barrels of crude oil a day, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
OPEC announced last week they were cutting supplies. We'll see what prices are tomorrow morning when the market opens.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I will be willing to bet because of the cold snap that the mainland US is experiencing .... fuel/gas will go up sharply... and you are right ... prices does not fall as quickly as it rises.. but after all.. they have to give their CEO's hundreds of millions in bonuses...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It still is above $2.00 per gal. in Logansport, Indiana. The sad part about this is that probably every town around us will be below that figure. :evil:

You either buy it or walk... Plain and simple.. and they know that...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Prices have not dropped here in the Denver Metro. :evil:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
$2.57regular :twisted:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Regular is $2.41 here in Redding CA. :evil:

·
Registered
157 Posts
$1.91 in Hartsville, SC today.

B

·
0 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
I saw 1.96 in the Cincinnati area today.
DC
Last night on the 6:00 news, John Materese (WCPO) showed a Cincinnati area Speedway at $1.92. I will be going that way for a fill up right after lunch.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Gas price

$1.82 at Sikeston Missouri today

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Now that we have some oversight, (over the oilmen in the Whitehouse), in Washington again I think the oil companies are less likely to run the prices up. Dems are likely to slap a windfall profits tax on 'em.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts