GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all........does anyone use the GI-pro-DS Gear Position Indicator? How do ya like it, and does it work like they it does. I have a '09 GL1800 and I just triked it, I could use one.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Congrats on the new trike and welcome. I have no expereince with it, but might suggest that you check with the "tech board" as those guys may be able to help as well with feed back.:thumbup:

Post up some pics of the Trike, it's a must ya know.:thumbup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have one and satisfied with it. The only draw back is if the sun is shining directly on it. But that is true with almost al LED read outs.
Old Fred

·
Registered
827 Posts
HDL parts your friendly board sponsor.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have one and rarely look at it. The sun usually shines very brightly in Texas and its hard to see where I have mounted it. See photo. This is in my garage in in total shade. It does not indicate when you have the clutch pulled in plus when its in 5th gear the Overdrive lamp is lit so for me, it the most useless item I have bought for my trike.

Here is another shot. 2nd gear. Don't tell anyone I was in my boxers riding up the driveway so did not hold the camera very well. When I came in the house my wife volunteered to sign the affidavit thai I completed a ride in my shorts. I do live in the country so it is not a clear case of streaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Comanch,

If you are anything at all like me (probably not ... I hope not ... but considering similar constraints relating to age!), no activity you participate in could legitimately be called 'streaking'. If you are like me, ain't no way it'd be a streak!! Maybe a slow motion smudge or something like!

But I do get the picture ... I also live out in the country, and have been caught a time or to outside the house in my boxers on the way out to get the paper from the box near the road. So far, nobody's filed a complaint, although they probably can't get the picture outa their mind (if they saw me at all!). Thanks for the grin ....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ken, You are right, I am old. My flight instructor said I excelled at "Slow Flight". I do not know if that was a compliment.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Shoot ... if he didn't make it obvious that it wasn't a compliment, then I would take it as one!! Ain't nuthin' wrong with gettin' old that can't be handled ... I ain't ready for the alternative!! Still lots of good ridin' to do, eh?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I always tell the women "if you see something you haven't seen before throw rocks at it":rolleyes:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Gear Indicator

Well, to get this hijacked discussion back to the original subject, I have a Gear Indicator, like it, and use it all the time when climbing hills or in traffic when up and downshifting. When I am somewhere in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear area and frequently shifting I loose track of what gear I am in. A quick look at the panel and I am quickly reminded. I mounted it on top of the plexiglass instrument cluster cover in the empty V between the Speedo and Tach. As previously said, when the clutch lever is pulled in it just displays a dash (-), so when I come to a stop light I have to give it quick look before I pull in the clutch to know what gear I am in and make adjustments.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Stu, I have ridden with you and you are a terrific and observant rider. However, when you are at a traffic light, why wouldn't the trike be in 1st gear?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Gear Indicator

Stu, I have ridden with you and you are a terrific and observant rider. However, when you are at a traffic light, why wouldn't the trike be in 1st gear?
Because I am downshifting approaching the light and according to how fast I was going when the light turned I may not have geared all the way down. And if I am solo with no passenger or trailer behind and not on a uphill incline, I usually just start out in 2nd gear. A quick look at the indicator just before the final pull on the clutch lets me know what gear I am in and where I need to go, rather than looking for the Neutral light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts