GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.....I was told to come over this side to ask about the GIpro-DS Gear Position, so, how do ya like it? Does it work like they say it does? I have a '09 GL1800 and just trikes it. When I rode BMWs, years back, it always had a gear indicator, and liked it. Like to hear from ya awl.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
It is not ya awl.....awls punch holes. Any purebred southerner knows it is
Ya all.......

No do not have one, familiar with it though. Very simple, plugs in to the diagnostic connector under the seat, and unlike others that you have to set the rpm and sometimes it will mis read a gear, this new one reads direct from the ECU so it is accurate. Healtech I think is the manufacturer.

Kit

·
Registered
56 Posts
I put one on my '05 GW 1500 (two wheeler)....enjoyed what little time I had with it...sold it shortly after installation.
I really like it and hope to put one on the current Trike.... just need to save my pennies. It is a bit pricey. Santa??????

Only 'knock' on it is once you pull in the clutch.... you have no idea what gear you are in.... as in pulling up to a stop-light and gearing down.
Other issue is the cable could be longer.... plan carefully where you put it.... where you run the cable.... and if that monster has any room for the cable. The '05 was really packed tight behind the tupperware.
Hook up and calibration otherwise is pretty easy. Heck, even I could do it! :yes1:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have the GLpro on my 06. It works ok. When the clutch is pulled in it just shows a dash, so when stopped it does not show the gear it is in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have one & like it very much. Easy install & set-up. A slight let off on the clutch handle shows the gear, & I've learned to watch as I downshift to keep track of the gearing. All in all I'd do it again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just order one and should get it next week. Thought it would be nice to just know what gear I am in when down shifting.:cool:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
It is not ya awl.....awls punch holes. Any purebred southerner knows it is
Ya all.......
Actually it's y'all with the plural of all y'all! Thats southern Kentucky.
North Carolina is almost Yankee territory! :joke:

Now back to your regulary scheduled programing! !

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
So where does "You-ins" fit, in this conversation?

Oh wait.. GIPro indicators.... I plan on installing one myself some day!

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Build one!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Your right about North Carolina being mostly Yankee, we should be renamed to South PennOhioYork. Not many of us original Tar Heels are left here.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Actually it's y'all with the plural of all y'all! Thats southern Kentucky. North Carolina is almost Yankee territory! :joke:
You are right about your proper Southern, but I beg to differ about North Carolina being almost Yankee territory. True, I'm a carpet bagger, but I was smart enough to marry a real Southern belle from Winston-Salem. I am bi-lingual (I speak Northron and Southurn), but most everyone I work with is a Tar Heel born and raised. Heck, I only bought the Gold Wing because it was built in Southern Japan! :joke:

Oh, and to the OP, I want a gear indicator too. Almost crashed the other day when I downshifted to "second" in a low corner and let the clutch out in FIRST!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am bi-lingual (I speak Northron and Southurn)

Rodney,

Now, I know why I can understand you so well! :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
North

Well, we are at one of the most southern points in Louisiana. North of I-10 is considered north. One way to differentiate is how you pronounce pecan. In the south we say pucawn. Paula Deen says a true southerner says peecan. Down here we carry those in our car for emergencies

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Waldo does it again. Hey Waldo I love your circuit to fool the stock GPS into thinking that the bike is stopped. WORKS GREAT.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts