GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to wait until I needed tires to give the dark side a try. The place I bought my bike has a fairly new Avid ENViger already mounted on a rim. I don't think it's the run flat. He is willing to sell it to me for $75.00. I am riding with a group to Arkansas in June for week, would you feel comfortable using a non run flat to go that far? Was just wondering if you think this is worth trying or to just get a rim and then buy a top pick run flat? Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The rim will cost you that much anyway . Get the tire and try it out. You can always switch to a rf after.

·
Registered
512 Posts
That's a good buy I would try it,the tire doesn't have to be a run flat. Non RF tire work just as good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,370 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Sounds like a good price for tire and rim.:thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your responses. I will give it a shot. Also I will be 2 up and pulling a trailer to Arkansas. Do you run the same pressure or change it for different loads? What starting pressure do you recommend? I have a plug kit and compressor if needed since it's not a run flat, hope I will not need it. Thanks for any additional info.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Non run flats usually have the pressure up around 40 or so, I'm sure someone who runs one will be along to correct me. The run flats are around 28-32.YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts