GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the hysteria about "frame cracks" being expressed on this board, I wonder if Hal regrets sponsoring it. If someone only read the "stuff" written here the last two days, they would think that wheels were falling off Wings on a regular basis. I'm absolutely amazed that people are scared to ride their Wings. The GoldWing has got to be the most abused motorcycle in the history of motorized two-wheelers. How many times have you seen a Wing that was way overloaded pulling a trailer? And honestly folks, is there even one documented case of anyone being injured due to a cracked frame on an 1800? I'm sorry that some of you have had problems. But it seems to me that this subject has been beaten to death. I'd hate to see this board disappear because it does provide a good place to share information, but if Hal pulled the plug, I for one couldn't blame him.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
gonzowing said:
With all the hysteria about ...........
I agree with you and I would "not" be happy if my frame was cracked....I have been on different boards, sports cars mostly, and the hysteria around this manufacturing problem is impressive-to me anyway. I look at this pragmatically, if this issue is of that intense of a concern to an individual, then they should sell the wing and go do something else...end of story. There are people addressing the issue, why hysterically beat it into oblivion?? Just does not make alot of sense in my mind. Another item is, if I was so twisted with worry about an injury that may be caused by a frame failure, you would not catch me anywhere close to riding any kind of two wheel vehicle....which is a highly unsafe act in traffic.

So keep the board going Hal :D

G

·
Lamont and I only are bothered by it when people get too emotional and start attacking each other. Thats when we start to wonder.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Im a "Panmilenialist"

IT WILL ALL PAN OUT IN THE END. :yes2: :yes2: :yes2: :yes2: :yes2:

BUCK YELLOW WING :lol: 8) :lol: :goflag: :yw1: :22yikes:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I fully agree with Hal's comment. So far, I haven't seen anyone attempt to hold a dealership, or anyone associated with a dealership, at fault for their part in selling a Goldwing. Yes, such an attack would be totally out of line, as are any personal attacks.

But then again, I think people are getting too excited over every little (and some big) flaws that we find with the wing. Put it all in perspective -- its a mechanical device made by humans and by machines made by humans, do you really think that every single Goldwing made should be perfect? So when we find the flaws, lets follow a rationale course of action in identifying the problem to Honda so they can research the issue and develop a fix. Sounds pretty simple to me. Becoming extremely emotional as if the sky is falling is not going to help fix the problem any quicker.

Just my two cents.......

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hal and Lamont are intelligent people and understand that emotions run high whenever men`s favorite toys are in question. When it comes right down to it, most of the ones venting wouldn`t give up their Wings for any other bike out there, even with all it`s flaws. Is it a perfect machine ? No, but neither was the last shuttle that blew up on re-entry, but Nasa didn`t quit or scrub the program in light of what happened. Instead they learned from their mistakes and moved on from there. A little constructive criticism and venting is healthy, so long as you don`t become obsessed to the point that you don`t enjoy your favorite past time anymore. Could be PMS, I know I have it. :lol: Spring is just around the corner guys.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Goldwing Problems

Hal sponsers this Board because it makes money for his business. That's not a crime. That's the way the free enterprise system works in the land of the free and the home of the brave. That's why the good ol USofA has the best quality of life of any free nation in the world. There will always be whiners and cry babies. My 2002 GL1800 has been recalled for frame welds and ECM mods. Am I afraid to ride by GL1800?? NO, No.
I am looking forward to warmer weather and lots of FUN IN THE SUN.
Everyday the internet or local newspaper has stories of automobile manufacture recalls, engineering is not an exact science. Ride your bike and give it a chance to bail you out of some tuff situations. You'll soon find that the GL1800 is a wonderful product when compared to its competition.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Hey guys, working the late shift tonight, and as I arrived at work with a big, stupid grin on my face, I had a revelation. The frame problems and rumors of frame problems are God's way of keep 1800 riders from being the most insufferably arrogant motorcycle riders on the planet.
:wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't stop me! I'm still unsufferably arrogant about 1800's

Son of Thunder said:
Hey guys, working the late shift tonight, and as I arrived at work with a big, stupid grin on my face, I had a revelation. The frame problems and rumors of frame problems are God's way of keep 1800 riders from being the most insufferably arrogant motorcycle riders on the planet.
:wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hats off to Hal

Great initial post Gonzo......I for one really enjoy the technical issues and information posted from all the great owners on this site. It is such a great resource of information. Thanks Hal for giving us all this great opportunity. :s27:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts