GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to renew the bike insurance and Geico beat my Bikeline price by over $100, with more coverage. I know that many things affect the cost of insurance, but has anyone had any experience with Geico.....Good/Bad??

·
Registered
93 Posts
As you mentioned, there are many, many factors used to determine premiums for a particular risk. I have all of my family's vehicles insured with GEICO. I hate paying the premiums each month but on two occasions we've had to file claims-one on an auto and one on a motorcycle. Both claims were handled in outstanding fashion, ie, new oem parts were used exclusively, the adjuster called me several days after the repairs were done to see if we we're happy and so forth.
Ultimately, that's what you're paying for; protection and service. Based on my experience, I'd reccomend GEICO to anyone. YMMV :)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I am about to find out on Gieco........ windshield cracked on my truck. I pay for glass coverage , zero deductable.

ODDLY enough , I pulled my car & truck from Progressive a few months back for Gieco .... $112.00 saving per 6 months for same coverages.

Goldwing is still with Progressive...... renewal came for the Goldwing. Progressive dropped the rate $126.00 per year on the 1800 for same coverage!

hmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Progressive was considerably cheaper for us.

Also, GEICO is a coporate entity that lobbies to restrict your personal freedoms. Don't give them a dime.

David M.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I insure both of my bikes with Geico....the Gw cost me $378.00 a year,,the XL250 is $36.00 a year.....No claims so far,,,,,hopefully I will never need too .....

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys........Geico was $388 vs $495.00 Bikeline Vs $498.00 Progressive. Geico quote included exact coverage except for $3,000 accessory coverage. I start the MSF course next Wed, and on completion they supposedly offer another discount. I hope none of us ever needs to test the coverage, but I'm glad that most haven't had bad experiences.

Thanks again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just to throw in something else for you to think about. I just swapped to Foremost Insurance through AARP after some 30 years with State Farm. Bike dropped from $527 per year to $221 (Actually $293 for me with two tickets in the last 3 years) for the exact same coverage. Too soon to tell on customer service or claims. Hopefully, all I'll ever have to do is to mail them a check every September. :!:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

The wife used to be a Geico Geeko as an insurance person, they trained her up well, she ran with it and became certified to do it in over 30 states. She keeps all are stuff in line, we now have some kind of monster umbrella thing she came up with. All wheels are on the policy, homeowners is thru Travelers thru Geico also and we get every break that she can find and so far one claim for her old SUV was handled very well and Hurricane Isabel damage was handled well also.
One of these days I need to have her make me smarter on all this for all the right reasons. :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I think it all depends on where you live in this great country. I had Geico for one year, no claim, bankruptcies, denials, ticket, warnings or perversions and come renewal time they doubled my premium. Switched to AARP Foremost and was the same as Geico the first year. $242 a year full coverage. Insurance is an amazing industry. Actually Progressive did the same thing before I got Geico. Sooooooooo, in 3 years, 3 different companys. I just renewed with AARP for $6 more than last year.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm 43yrs old, no wrecks, no tickets etc and Progressive beats 'em all for me I pay ~ $300/yr for full 250/500 and 500 deductables. The only other carrrier that I hear is better is State Farm, I know guys riding 1000cc sportbikes fully covered for $250/yr but you have to have homeowners with them before getting a quote.

Steve

·
Registered
348 Posts
banana boy said:
I think it all depends on where you live in this great country.
This is exactly right. It makes me envious to see all of these $200-$400 annual premiums when the lowest I can find is State Farm at just over $600/year. Progressive, Geico, Foremost, etc., are all $300-$400/year more. I have no violations, accidents, etc., on my record and excellent credit. Unfortunately, Arkansas has one of the highest accident-fatality rates for motorcyclists in the country, and that's apparently a big factor in setting insurance rates.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
i have Geico, one deer accident in 2002 and 2 more in 2005, Geico was very easy to deal with, my rate has actually gone down every year, this year i paid $181 and have $250 deductible

1 - 13 of 13 Posts