GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 GL1800A. I live in Port Angeles, WA and currently have Progressive (Drive) insurance on the GoldWing and USAA on everything else. Just got my renewal from Drive (Progressive) and it jumped from $450 to $513. I went up on the GEICO website and got a quote on line of $316 for the same coverage. I have never had an accident and have been riding for over 40 years.

How is GEICO as an insurance company (I HATE the lizard)?

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GEICO

Oops! GEICO goofed up my quote and did not include collision. Correct quote is $470 which is still better than Progressive. I would appreciate any comments you might have on GEICO.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
In my experience, GEICO is a good company. I've had an accident with them and they worked closely with me. Initially, they wanted to total the bike, but I was able to work with them and the repair shop to get the numbers low enough (while still getting a good fix) to repair instead of totalling it.

When my renewal bill came this year, there was no increase in premiums.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've had geico thru 2 kids learning to drive. My son was involved in 3 accidents of which two weren't his fault. My daughter got $500 in tickets before she left the mall parking lot. Last year a woman backed over my bike at the bank. 10 years ago a woman pulled out in front of me and I t-boned her doing about 60mph.

Never had a rate increase. Geico has always paid the claim within a couple of days.

Last year when the DMV declared me dead and cancelled my license, Geico faxed them the information they needed three times.

I get discounts for the MSF course and am quite happy with them. The lady that backed over my bike had Geico and the claim went against her and not me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have Gieco..full covereage on 2004 goldwing and PL/PD on a 1975 honda XL 250...both for $375.00 a year....$500.00 deductible on the GW.....

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
have Geico since 2001

3 expensive deer accidents and they have always treated me very good

the renewal price has been lowered every year

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have had Geico for years and have been satisified with them. I have never had an accident or a claim, but they do cash my premium checks promptly.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Is that annually or every six months?
What coverages do you have?
Geico just quoted me 1260/year,and I live in Washington too.
I'm paying 549.00 every six months through Safeco.I have 4 cars,and RV and my homeowner'sthrough Safeco as well

I have not had a traffic ticket since 1977.I did total my 02 in April 04,but I'm told that did not affect my rates.
Here's the breakdown

Bodily injury 100,000/300,000 22.00
Property Damage 100,000 17.00
Guest Passenger 100,000/300,000 29.00
Underinsured Motorist
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000 136.00
Property Damage 50,000 29.00
Comprehensive 250 deductible 24.00
Collision 250 Deductible 210.00
Custom Parts 7000.00 74.00
Roadside assistance 8.00
Total 549.00

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I've had GEICO for 34 years...always were there for me...IMHO...they are good...and I love the GECKO... :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GEIKO

Jeff in Ferndale...

That rate is for 12 months. Living in Port Angeles must make the difference. I also have a perfect driving record for many years...no tickets or accidents.

Mike

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I had GEICO in 1991 and 1992 when I was in Hawaii, at the time they were the best rates I could find for my GL1500. I had an a left turner at an intersection total the Wing out. I felt I was being low balled on the value for the Wing, fought for a correct value and finally got a settlement. Then I started getting letters stating they had over paid my claim $1000+ and to pay the money back. They then started to call the command I was stationed at attempting to get the money :shock: . I went to the Navy Legal department and had a Navy Lawyer look at the paperwork, he asked me a couple of questions, made one phone call to their office and ended the harassment. Geico will not be on my list of possible insurance candidates even if their motorcycle insurance was available in Michigan (which it is not).
So for me, No I would not deal with GEICO again YMMV (your mileage may very).

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I had Geico when I wrecked my 97 Wing.They totaly screwed me on the settlement,about 30% less than I should have gotten.Based on estimates from a reputable dealer.
Hate to be a desenter,but I think
Geico sucks
Mick :evil:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've got Progressive. $510 for 12 months. I got a quote from Geico once and it was more than double that. I'll stay where I am for now.

Personally, I'd like to stomp the annoying little lizard and squish it into the ground. WTF is up with the cockney accent anyway?! :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the middle of a claim with Geico now. Rather than risk problems, I will happy to share my story once my claim is settled. Let me know if you want the details.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm currently with State Farm paying $927.13 full coverage on my Wing & VTX. They've recently got me P O'd and I'm gonna make the change to Gieco, they quoted me $620.34 for both bikes same coverage. I'm gonna get quotes from Gieco on the car and 2 trucks, and then I'm going to drop SF like a bad habit. 8)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Not being able to get a new policy with USAA, I will be going with Progressive. Geico quote was $840/yr and Progressive $670/yr. The Progressive quote was through USAA.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
It has been my expeirence that all insurance companys will low ball claims.

I dropped Progressive on my daily cages since Gieco was lower rates. I told Progressive this. 2 months later the 1800 renewal arrived from Progressive.... my rate dropped $108.00 for the year for same coverage

A co-worker was broad sided in his Ford F-150 by 79 yr old man that ran a red light. Co-worker's truck was pushed into 2 more cars. American Family ins (old man's ins company) has denied ALL claims. Old man says the light was yellow and the people he hit did not wait for him to clear the intersection.

Police report, witnesses and citations put the old fart at fault for running the light. So now lawyers have been hired by all 3 victims

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hey guys,please look at my post above listing my coverages and tell me if you have similar coverage for the rates you are posting.
Somehow I think I'm getting screwed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
Hey guys,please look at my post above listing my coverages and tell me if you have similar coverage for the rates you are posting.

Bodily injury 100,000/300,000 22.00
Property Damage 100,000 17.00
Guest Passenger 100,000/300,000 29.00
Underinsured Motorist
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000 136.00
Property Damage 50,000 29.00
Comprehensive 250 deductible 24.00
Collision 250 Deductible 210.00
Custom Parts 7000.00 74.00
Roadside assistance 8.00
Total 549.00
Since I'm active in the military, there's certain coverages I elect not to carry. No tickets, no claims in over past 5 years.

BODILY INJURY LIABILITY $100,000/$300,000 $35.00
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $100,000 $11.00
COMPREHENSIVE $500 DED. $17.00
COLLISION $500 DED. $181.00
TOWING AND LABOR $10.00
Total Premium: $254.00

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Had Gieco for a couple years in the 70s when I was in the Navy. When I transfered to Charleston the rates went sky-high. I changed to Prudential at that time. I'm with State Farm now on all but the 'wing (Progressive), but I might change it soon. With companies like State Farm a good relationship with your agent can mean a lot on claims. They will adjust the adjusters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts