GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, my heated seat on my 2012 is "bad". I'll find out more when I pick the bike up today, but I thought I'd start searching for a replacement.

Anyone have a good used HEATED seat available? I had a Corbin on a previous bike and found it was too hard for me, so I don't think I want to try a Corbin.

Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I have a good heated Gen 1 seat from my 2008. I've seen some posts that indicate it will fit on the Gen 2. Is this correct information?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Already checked that post and he sold it.

Reactions: Bipeflier

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
BTW, I have a good heated Gen 1 seat from my 2008. I've seen some posts that indicate it will fit on the Gen 2. Is this correct information?
It will fit but will leave an open section on the sides. The 12-17 seats are lower on the sides toward the rear. Don’t know if anyone has come up with a way to cover the hole.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will fit but will leave an open section on the sides. The 12-17 seats are lower on the sides toward the rear. Don’t know if anyone has come up with a way to cover the hole.
Well, the good news is that at least I can use the '08 seat to test because I know it works. Thanks.

Reactions: awingnut105

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have an Ultimate Midrider heated seat for a Gen 2 Goldwing. Used very little - purchased last summer. In excellent condition.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
You near san antonio

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had updated things in another thread where I was testing everything out.

The problem is with the bike, as the local Honda shop tested both seats and they worked on another bike. Unfortunately, the test was on the last day we had temps low enough (Houston area). I have to wait until later in the year to take the bike over and let them figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2nd generation seat

I had updated things in another thread where I was testing everything out.

The problem is with the bike, as the local Honda shop tested both seats and they worked on another bike. Unfortunately, the test was on the last day we had temps low enough (Houston area). I have to wait until later in the year to take the bike over and let them figure out what the problem is.
Are you still looking for a heated seat? I have one from my 2013 that I replaced with a Corbin with about 3,000 miles on. Contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts