GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the darkside:twisted:, I just put one of these Generals on and it does rub on the swing arm. I didn't notice it rubbing anywhere else. I have an 08' Wing. It's not a bad rub, but enough that I smell burning rubber. Will this go away or should I be looking at other CT's? I'd like to ride it out if possible. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
973 Posts
If it is a light rub you can just ride it out. If that concerns you another option is to take a grinder to the corner of the tire where it is making contact and knock off a little rubber from the tire's circumference.

MM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mad Meteor, I've been searching the threads and saw that others have shaved off some rubber with files or grinders, I may give that a try. I can spin the wheel pretty freely with my hand when it's on the center stand, so for now I may just go for a long ride and see if it stops.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup: I think some have even ground a little on the swing arm to run a 205 60 16. You can PM Murgie and get your darksider number, TJ Ranch for a sticker, and if you are up Wisconsin way stop by and see Rail32 for some Darksider cookies!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup: I think some have even ground a little on the swing arm to run a 205 60 16. You can PM Murgie and get your darksider number, TJ Ranch for a sticker, and if you are up Wisconsin way stop by and see Rail32 for some Darksider cookies!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You did that very well, Rail will be proud of you.:lol::lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts