GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The General G-Max AS03 is on the rim!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Tomorrow it will go on the Wing!:yes1::yes1::yes1:
It seams to be slightly narrower than the Hankook Ventus and slightly more rounded!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you measure the width and see. This might be a tire that even I would try out. Just curious if I could get more than 5000 miles out of it.
OK Murgie, here is what I did. Set the tire pressure @ 44psi, measured width to where it starts the curve to go around the edges. Looks like 6 1/4 inches. Laid the tire flat on the floor and laid my level across the tire, it measured 7 3/8 inches. I hope this is what you were looking for an is a help.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be interesting to see how it compares to the flick-ability of the Sunny!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Alright Rocketman! :thumbup:

I'm really interested in your opinion of the General. Since this is my first (but not last) CT I really don't have anything to compare it too other than a MT.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why did you choose to not go with a run flat tire ?
Everyone has their own opinion on tires and why they run what they run. My advice is, run what you are comfortable with. I am perfectly comfortable with a non run flat. I had a flat with my Hankook Ventus, not zero pressure, but only showed 10psi after it had been run a few miles (10-15). I figured it probably would be what, maybe 6psi cold? Bike and tire handled just fine, a little different but fine. Took the curves as I normally do, and had it up to 80mph on the expressway. Will all non run flats handle this way? I haven't a clue. I tell no one what tire they should be running. I even have a good friend that likes the D250:22yikes:, and that's vine with me. I guess the best answer I could give you is I mount my own tires with a Harbor Freight changer and don't want the extra hassle of a RF.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright Rocketman! :thumbup:

I'm really interested in your opinion of the General. Since this is my first (but not last) CT I really don't have anything to compare it too other than a MT.
Lee, the tire will be going on the bike in a few minutes!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
OK Murgie, here is what I did. Set the tire pressure @ 44psi, measured width to where it starts the curve to go around the edges. Looks like 6 1/4 inches. Laid the tire flat on the floor and laid my level across the tire, it measured 7 3/8 inches. I hope this is what you were looking for an is a help.

Pictures of it mounted that shows the roundness before and after you put it on your bike, please... :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Pictures of it mounted that shows the roundness before and after you put it on your bike, please... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Red Bird, you know I ain't going to work that hard!:lol::lol::lol:

OK, but only if I can take pictures of my Sunny too!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Red Bird, you know I ain't going to work that hard!:lol::lol::lol:

OK, but only if I can take pictures of my Sunny too!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Did ya say Sunny or did ya mean Sunny girls??? :shrug: :oops: :shrug: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Pictures, Pictures, We Want Pictures!!!

Hey buddy how long does it take you to lay her down and tickle her tummy anyway??? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I saw Jeff do it in under ten minutes...

What'd ya do stop and have lunch too???:shrug: :oops: :shrug: :oops:

All I know what it is, after taking the pictures you’re trying to find a one hour developer to develop and print them for you... Ya don’t fool me any... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey buddy how long does it take you to lay her down and tickle her tummy anyway??? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I saw Jeff do it in under ten minutes...

What'd ya do stop and have lunch too???:shrug: :oops: :shrug: :oops:

All I know what it is, after taking the pictures you’re trying to find a one hour developer to develop and print them for you... Ya don’t fool me any... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pictures won't be posted until later tonight when I get home from church!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts