GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Rocketman911, I was wondering if you are running the G-max right now. I have got to say that I am really liking it better than the Falken. I know the sidewalls are supposed to be a little thinner but it doesn't seem to cause any problem and the tire doesn't seem to be any hotter than my front 709 stone. I put it on w/o balancing and it runs extremely smooth.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Hey Rocketman911, I was wondering if you are running the G-max right now. I have got to say that I am really liking it better than the Falken. I know the sidewalls are supposed to be a little thinner but it doesn't seem to cause any problem and the tire doesn't seem to be any hotter than my front 709 stone. I put it on w/o balancing and it runs extremely smooth.
No I am not. I run it for 1000 miles and took it off. I like the way the tire handled, but it's a comfort thing for me. I am not comfortable, with running that tire hard. I will put it back on for the winter months when I taking it easier than what I normally ride!:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
No I am not. I run it for 1000 miles and took it off. I like the way the tire handled, but it's a comfort thing for me. I am not comfortable, with running that tire hard. I will put it back on for the winter months when I taking it easier than what I normally ride!:thumbup:
Ron, translated that means he is now riding 45mph. Once he slows back down to 35mph, he'll be putting it back on. Just kidding Rocket.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Ron, translated that means he is now riding 45mph. Once he slows back down to 35mph, he'll be putting it back on. Just kidding Rocket.:thumbup:
I'll have you know I have upped my 35mph to 41mph this year.:congrats: I won't go any faster than 50, because I'm afraid I'll get a nose bleed! :thumbup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been running the G-Max for a while now. It's my first CT and so far I really like it. The wear seems to be pretty and I'm using between 45-46psi. I haven't noticed any flex in corners and it really shines in the rain too.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been running the G-Max for a while now. It's my first CT and so far I really like it. The wear seems to be pretty and I'm using between 45-46psi. I haven't noticed any flex in corners and it really shines in the rain too.
I have found, so far anyway, that about 43psi seems good for me. I have never tried as high45 - 46 psi yet. Did yours need balancing?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the G-Max, I really like the way it rides. For the twisty stuff I like my Sunny better. Even though the Sunny is a winter tire, I wont run it if there is a chance of snow being on the ground because of the rounded shoulders. I took the G-Max off, to save the tread for winter riding!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It's all good!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum j1000! Glad to have you on board! If you want a DS#, the Darksider decal, PM Murgie, for the number and TJ Ranch for a decal!

Also we have our own Rail32, that has Darksider cookies! All you have to do is go visit him in Wisconsin, and pick them up!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My auto mechanic mounted it for me and it wouldn't fit on his balancer. I put 3oz of beads in it and it rides very smoothly. I'll have to try 43psi and see how that feels.

I have found, so far anyway, that about 43psi seems good for me. I have never tried as high45 - 46 psi yet. Did yours need balancing?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I'll have you know I have upped my 35mph to 41mph this year.:congrats: I won't go any faster than 50, because I'm afraid I'll get a nose bleed! :thumbup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts