GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relocating to Smyrna, Ga in a couple of weeks. In fact, taking the bike down next week. Looking for some mates to show me some of the good rides, do weekend trips, etc. I'm available weekdays too and, in fact, prefer to do most of my riding then. Give me a shout!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Google Georgia Gauntlet, a great ride that is not disappoint.

·
Registered
198 Posts
From Smyrna it's a full days ride for sure.

I can show you some roads up this way.

Almost all the great roads are in North Georgia, so normally I head north to ride. I'm also part of a local club as well that does all sorts of rides from a couple hr lunch rides to big trips (I am leaving for an 18 day tour on the 23rd, bunch of my club is going to Maine next month).

Drop me a PM when you are in town! Great roads around here, and only a few hrs away from the dragon and the smoky mountains.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Smyrna. That puts you less than 3 hrs from the Tail of the Dragon area of the world!

GO NORTH MAN. GO NORTH! So much good riding up that way, it would take a book to describe it all. I'd plot a course for Hiawassee, GA to begin with, if it were me down there and wanting to spend a day riding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
429 Posts
From one ex hoosier to another about to be ex

Hey GortsBud,
I moved from Terre Haute in 1995 to Cartersville, GA and love it here. I didn't start riding again until 2007 but there are a lot of fantastic roads north of Atlanta. The biggest improvement is the lack of potholes compared to Indiana roads. Potholes here, when we moved, were hard to be found anywhere. Although the GA roads have slipped a bit since then they are still in good shape compared to the midwest backroads.
Welcome to GA. Give me a shout sometime and we can meet for a ride.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First Ga ride tomorrow AM

Heading out from Smyrna for my first Ga ride tomorrow AM. Just a simple one up towards Blairsville. Probably do part of the Gauntlet. I figure 2 hrs up there, a couple hours riding, and a couple hours back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Relocating to Smyrna, Ga in a couple of weeks. In fact, taking the bike down next week. Looking for some mates to show me some of the good rides, do weekend trips, etc. I'm available weekdays too and, in fact, prefer to do most of my riding then. Give me a shout!
see what you cab find here
http://gwrra.org/regionmap.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts