GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three pet gerbils I want to take on my ride from Washington down to Texas. Does anybody know if they should ride on the front or the rear of the bike and what kind of cage to pack them in? I am worried about them getting too much air and possibly dying. Anybody have the same problem?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think that the main question here is "Why?". :rat:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the question is why 3 gerbils, that, unfortunately is no longer true. I ran over one this very evening so now I have only two! Damn that reverse with no backup light.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
captain24 said:
I have three pet gerbils ............ Does anybody know if they should ride on the front or the rear ........... Anybody have the same problem?
I always heard they were for the rear........... :oops:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd go with cryogenics here. Get some dry ice and one of those saddle bag coolers. Just make sure you pad them well in the bag. I bet those little legs break off pretty easy when frozen. Let us know how well they thaw out when you get there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hedo said:
captain24 said:
I have three pet gerbils ............ Does anybody know if they should ride on the front or the rear ........... Anybody have the same problem?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, thanks for your suggestions guys, but I just got bad news. I went out to check on the remaining two and found out that they had taken their own lives. I think they might really have been lemmings. The pet shop owner played me I think. I will be looking into other riding partners for my future rides. RIP little buddies.

·
Registered
628 Posts
captain24 said:
If the question is why 3 gerbils, that, unfortunately is no longer true. I ran over one this very evening so now I have only two! Damn that reverse with no backup light.
So, two more back-ups and your problem will have solved itself!!!

But the why was for why would you want to carry gerbils on vacation or do we REALLY want to know??? :22yikes:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hedo said:
captain24 said:
I thought it funny that Hedo's avatar was the next post. What was that song about a hundred bottles of beer on the wall? One gerbil fell, then there were two gerbils..... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mount a CT and put them inside...
Might as well give them a little exercise.

You may even gain back the MPG supposedly lost and they might help balance the tire. :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Find a couple o gay guys, bet they would take them there for free. :lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hedo said:
captain24 said:
:22yikes: :shock:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
They go on the luggage rack, geeze everyone knows that!!!!

A little duc tape or wire ties and you're good to go.... :22yikes:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hedo said:
captain24 said:
ROFLMAO

And I thought this post was going to be about a spelling challenged individual wanting to talk about heated clothing!

:lol: BAT

1 - 20 of 33 Posts