GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Fried - what are you trying to connect, the liners to the controller, the liners to other liners, to make a wiring harness or what? Powerlet has some options for you although there are other options too depending upon exactly what you want to do and where.

DaleC

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Not that are of that high quality.. I just buy the Gerbings glove harness for the males and the battery connectors for the females.
Use them for a lot of things..

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Not enough information. What connectors and connections do you need?

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gerbing uses some real nice round connectors on the end of the controller and jacket liners. I would like to have some more, as I could use them for other stuff, and they appear to be a good quality connector.

Just hoping I can get some through Mouser or Digikey if I had a part number or manufacture name.

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Fred, if you are looking for a female panel mount connector, I found one at Radio Shack that I am going to use for mine. I think the size was "N" but it had the mm sizes you mentioned.

<$3

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
copjr said:
Fred, if you are looking for a female panel mount connector, I found one at Radio Shack that I am going to use for mine. I think the size was "N" but it had the mm sizes you mentioned.

<$3
One problem with the radio shack panel connector is that the center pin is a little too long. If you angle the mating plug too much in finding the hole it is possible to short out the controller. Needed new controller. Ask me how I know (twice) I now turn the controller off when hooking up the wires, it's a bit of a pain but the temps are too low to be without heat.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Fred,

I have ordered the 36" male/female extensions from gerbing ($5 ea) and cut off whatever excess that I didn't need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts