GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen ways to make gloves touchscreen sensitive described. Some show a solution you paint on and others show thread that you stitch through the tip of the glove. The paint on stuff does not have great reviews and I really do not want to poke hole in the tips of my gloves. I think it could penetrate the waterproof membrane in the glove or worst the Microwire. Has anyone tried making a glove touchscreen sensitive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have seen ways to make gloves touchscreen sensitive described. Some show a solution you paint on and others show thread that you stitch through the tip of the glove. The paint on stuff does not have great reviews and I really do not want to poke hole in the tips of my gloves. I think it could penetrate the waterproof membrane in the glove or worst the Microwire. Has anyone tried making a glove touchscreen sensitive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tried the solution on my Gerbings heated gloves and my Motoport summer gloves, but it didn't work.

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts
Thought there was a tape that went on tips ???

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Tie a small stylus used for screens onto the glove instead.

It'll work every time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea.

It'll work every time.
That's a great idea. I have to look for small stylus and a way to secure it to my finger.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

It'll work every time.
Good idea.

Rather than mounting to my glove, I have been tinkering with good ways to mount a stylus somewhere handy, easy to get to and put away. Probably also using one of those retractable reels like you see for ID badges or keys. I have not nailed it yet, but the stylus sure as heck is much easier to use than the fancy screen-friendly gloves I've got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.