GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told they run large and that if I normally wear mediums, I can get along with small Gerbings just fine.

True? No?

thx . . . ed

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I normally wear large and bought Gerbings heated gloves in the large size................they fit like a glove! Heheeee! :D

Seriously the glove sizing seems simular to other gloves I wear............maybe a slight bit bigger. I would recommend ordering the same size you normally wear............even if they are a slight bit bigger you want freedom of movement not restriction.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian_Fenner said:
I normally wear large and bought Gerbings heated gloves in the large size................they fit like a glove! Heheeee! :D

Seriously the glove sizing seems simular to other gloves I wear............maybe a slight bit bigger. I would recommend ordering the same size you normally wear............even if they are a slight bit bigger you want freedom of movement not restriction.
Thanks Brian. I normally wear a man's small or medium, and Gerbing is out of stock on medium right now. :cry:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Mr. Ed - check on Gerbing's site for any nearby dealers. They many have some variety in stock plus usually have a deplay setup where you could try on an actual glove. In my case, the nearby dealer also offers a nice discount so they are cheaper than going direct too.

DaleC

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaleC said:
Mr. Ed - check on Gerbing's site for any nearby dealers. They many have some variety in stock plus usually have a deplay setup where you could try on an actual glove. In my case, the nearby dealer also offers a nice discount so they are cheaper than going direct too.

DaleC
Thanks Dale. I didn't see any dealers listed in Arkansas, but my local Kawasaki dealer can buy from them. He just doesn't keep any in stock. The shop's been very good to me in the past on pricing, so I'm sure I can save some money. And -- most importantly -- I have a Christmas gift certificate from that shop. :)

I've been in contact with Gerbing sales before placing my order at the shop; that's how I learned they were out of stock on the gloves and the dual portable heat controller. Hey!! There's another question. Do I really need the dual controller? :lol:

I checked Widder at a local shop, and just based on what I've read and photos I've seen, I prefer the sleeved Gerbing liner to the Widder liner.

·
Registered
276 Posts
In my opinion, the dual controller setups will allow you to maintain a more comfortable riding temperature on you hands and upper body than a single controller.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gerbing Glove Sizes

I used the utility on Gerbings site where you measure your hand as they describe. The gloves they sent are perfect.
Good Luck :)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Portable Controllers

My Honda shop in Jersey doesn't carry any Gerbing items, but the BMW shop does. Try a Beemer shop. Gerbing has a requirement for the dealer to stock a lot of their product, like $10000 worth. Some dealers just won't do it due to amount of room that size stock would take up.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Gerbing gloves

Ed, I have the gloves in XL if you want to see how they fit. The fit seems to be similar sizing as my other gloves. I also have the dual controller. I find that the gloves are usually set at a higher temp than the vest, so I don't think a single controller would work for me. LaRonna has a single controller, and a vest only. When you find out what the discount % is from the Kaw dealer, e-mail me direct.

You are welcome to test any of the stuff we have before you buy yours.

·
Registered
569 Posts
gloves

BTW Ed,

Our motor officers tell me that the Harley heated stuff is Gerbings. You might want to check with Jones and see if they have any you can check fit with. I don't recall what the markup is so you might not want to actually buy there.

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Re: gloves

Leonard said:
BTW Ed,

Our motor officers tell me that the Harley heated stuff is Gerbings. You might want to check with Jones and see if they have any you can check fit with. I don't recall what the markup is so you might not want to actually buy there.
Lenard is correct Gerbings make the Harley electric clothing but if you buy from Harley you only get a one year warranty instead of the Gerbing standard lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Do I really need the dual controller?

Mr. Ed - that's a good question and one I asked myself recently when I went to purchase and install a controller for myself. I decided to install a dual permanent controller for the drivers position in the event I wanted two different termperture zones in my Gerbing gear. I only have the Gerbing jacket liner and the Gerbing pants liner is ordered, but not received as yet. I figured if I had the dual controller I would have it if I needed it and it gives me the choice. If you get the single controller you never have the option. Of course, a dual controller is not intended to be used for running two people's Gerbing's.

I will say I really do like the permanent install and just plugging into an adaptor as opposed to the portable controller and all the wires dangling.
I also am really appreciating the heated clothing. I have motorcycled for years and during the winter months and never knew how nice it would be to be "warm"....

DaleC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Order your regular size, they will seem a little snug at first, but they will break in and fit better after a little use. I just sent a pair that I purchased in Sept back to Gerbings because the right glove was too hot! They should be back in another week or so. Gerbings are great people who stand behind their products. :lol: :) :p :biker: :flg:

:)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for all the input.

I can definitely see the wisdom behind the dual controller, but they were out of stock on the portable, which I feel I need with two bikes. Maybe it won’t be long before they have them.

Grumpy, I looked on their site but didn’t find the sizing utility you mentioned, I’ll try again today.

Topster, there’s a new BMW shop near my office. I’ll try them Tuesday. Good suggestion.

Leonard, thanks again for the suggestions. I’ll give Jones a call as well.

billenox, I used to ride an FJ1200, and one of the regulars on their board said he had a year-old Gerbing liner. He said he stopped by their booth at a rally and told them he loved the liner but wished he'd gotten it a size larger, and they swapped a new one for his used one on the spot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts