GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a Gerbing jacket liner, love it. The heat troller I have is a dual that controls the gloves as well. My problem is the heat troller has no way to hold the setting (the knobs turn easily and don't a click type way to hold them in place) probably not explaining this right. I keep it in my jacket pocket and can't adjust it very well while riding. Have any of you board members found a way to mount the troller where it can be adjusted while riding. Also they offer a mountable plug for the Gerbings, but it looks fairly large and I don't know where it could be mounted on a Goldwing. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I velcro mine on the tupperware right in front of me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have purchased a Gerbing jacket liner, love it. The heat troller I have is a dual that controls the gloves as well. My problem is the heat troller has no way to hold the setting (the knobs turn easily and don't a click type way to hold them in place) probably not explaining this right. I keep it in my jacket pocket and can't adjust it very well while riding. Have any of you board members found a way to mount the troller where it can be adjusted while riding. Also they offer a mountable plug for the Gerbings, but it looks fairly large and I don't know where it could be mounted on a Goldwing. Any suggestions appreciated.
if you are asking for a way to make it a bit "Tighter" or "Harder" to turn or prevent it from turning; you can loosen the Allen set screw and either lower the knob down to compress or cause an interference fit against the rubber oring or add an additional oring then tighten the set screw.
this will increase the resistance to turning so easy.

you can also place a large swatch of Velcro on tank or other location within easy reach to make your adjustments as required.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gerbing makes a controller holder. It looks like it's for a cell phone. I clip mine to a pocket or one of my coats has a cinch belt. I can reach it and adjust the temp. Works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts