GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With winter coming on I thought this Gerbing site may help some of you save money:

http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml

EXAMPLE: Heated Jacket Liner: Regular price $199.00, Outlet price $89.00
Single Temp Controller: Regular price $69.00, Outlet price $39.00

Total savings is about 47% or $140 bucks :D

Note on their website:
NOTE: Products sold on this store are fully operational but may contain a slight flaw, minor blemish, or the product may be slightly used, but still in close to new condition. Some products may be 100% new but are being discontinued by the manufacturer. All products sold through HeatedClothingOutlet.com are sold as is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

LIFETIME warranty on the heating elements for Gerbing’s Heated Clothing and Products!
Gerbing's Heated Clothing extends a Lifetime Warranty on the electrical heating elements for all of its garments or products.

3-year Warranty on Temp Controllers and Accessories
Gerbing's Temp Controllers and electrical components of Accessories are warranted from factory defect for three years from the date of the initial purchase. Any alteration of the product voids the warranty.

NOTICE: All Sales Final; No Exchanges; No Returns for Refund; No General Warranty on Non-Electrical Components. All Gerbing’s Heated Clothing warrantees are to be handled directly by the Gerbing’s Factory.

Disclaimer: This post not intended for fair weather Dairy Queeners. :D

·
Trained Killer Member
2022 GL1800 DCT Tour
1,595 Posts
Yeah Coolhand....I checked out their website yesterday in fact. The prices are GREAT...BUT...I just wonder what their idea of "minor" blemishes/slight flaws" is. What scares me even more is their "ALL SALES ARE FINAL" approach. Additionally, when I checked out the liners, they were out of stock on a fairly common size AND it warned "...These are older model Gerbing's Jacket Liners and may or may not include all the features currently being promoted or advertised by Gerbing's Heated Clothing..."

I'm in the market to buy 2 sets of liners and gloves (and controllers), and while I'm all about saving $$$, I know that most of the time, ya get what ya pay for.

Having said that, I'm not here to dissuade anyone from patronizing this web store. I just say "Caveat Emptor." Methinks I'll wait and purchase my Gerbings next weekend at Biketoberfest. Yeah, I'll pay a bit more, but I'll get to see what it is I'm buying first. JMHO.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I saw a Gerbing ad that stated they were coming out with a new "lighter and thinner" set of liners. Anything that makes me look thinner is OK in my book :)

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Please tell me it's true, Bob!!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Clarkster,

It may or may not be a super deal, however, going in at just about half price we know we have to give up something. It seems that they are saying that all the items they are selling are FULLY OPERATIONAL so you ain't giving up HEAT. I think when you look to save half some items won't be perfect.

My guess is that you're living in Fayetteville or Spring Lake or in that general area. I live in Durham. I have a source about 75 miles from the base that gives me and my friends a really good deal on Gerbing. You can head up either 95 or US1. I bought a dual permanent controller, permanently attached ports and related plugs, extension cords, jacket & pants liner, G3 gloves and socks from them. PM me if you would like to buy from them

I'm also going to try to give an installation seminar at our next GWRRA meeting (Oct. 16) if I have time to get it together and don't have to be out of town on business. You're welcome to come up. We get a lot of guys and their ladies visit us from Fayetteville. There a nice bunch of folks and, not surprisingly, a good number of x military.

Tom (coolhand)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is the charging system of the GL1800 capable of supporting 2-up riders with both having jacket liners and gloves plus the regular load of driving lights, radio, GPS, trailer lights, etc etc?

Dan Moore
St Charles, MO

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Thanks for the link. I am taking the plunge. Ordered 2 liners and 2 single controllers. Will report back...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.