GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Gerbing heated glove liners? I'm thinking that the heat would be great for my early morning commute, but I don't want to buy another pair of gloves at twice the price of the liners.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I loaned my Gerbing gloves to a friend of mine. She then bought the liners and say the liners are much better.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I ride the 1800, the heated grips and a heavier glove do fine when the temp drops below freezing. Now my Silverwing is a different story. It came with the Kuryakyn ISO grips which get very hot in the summer sun and freezing cold in the winter. The fairing doesn't protect me near as well as the 1800 does, so my hands are out there in the wind.

Why not just ride the 1800...well, the scooter is just more fun around town and gets 50-55 mpg. My only complaint is cold hands.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
heard somewhere that the linners are not available anymore

wouldn't b the first time i heard wrong

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
The Gerbing liners didn't get very good reviews and they (Gerbing) no longer offers them. Gerbing now has a new G3 glove, which is a vastly better glove (IMO as I have both models) than their classic glove since it has a slimmer less bulky profile and is also significantly easier to get on and off. In spite of your desire to not have another set of gloves, I'd recommend you check the G3's out. They are very very good, plus you can never have too many options on types of gloves with the different kinds of weather you might encounter on a Goldwing, I've lost count myself, but suffice to say many.

DaleC

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heard somewhere that the linners are not available anymore
wouldn't b the first time i heard wrong
Since they are no longer on Gerbings web site, you are probably right. I did manage to find a dealer who still had some in stock. My fear is that they were discontinued due to performance issues and not simply because the gloves are more popular.

The Gerbing liners didn't get very good reviews and they (Gerbing) no longer offers them. Gerbing now has a new G3 glove, which is a vastly better glove (IMO as I have both models) than their classic glove since it has a slimmer less bulky profile and is also significantly easier to get on and off. In spite of your desire to not have another set of gloves, I'd recommend you check the G3's out. They are very very good, plus you can never have too many options on types of gloves with the different kinds of weather you might encounter on a Goldwing, I've lost count myself, but suffice to say many.
Dale, the gloves in my current inventory would fill the trunk. :lol: You are probably right. The best solution would be to buy the G3's and be done with it. :wink: Sometimes you can't put a price on comfort and safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts