GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dual Gerbing permenant controller to hook up on my 06. How did you guys hook yours up? I've searched and there's not much to go on that I can find.

I think I'm just going to have the clothing hook-up come from under the seat somewhere but that controller has me puzzled.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
There are a few different options.

I elected to place mine under the left fairing controls, as shown:

Of course, that meant cutting a couple of holes... but the cords are down & to the left, where the connection to your jacket will be... and as such, the cords are out of the way.

Tom

·
Registered
296 Posts
I put mine in the Black piece on the right side of the fairing, immediately below the pocket unlock key.

I know that means that I will make any adjustments with my right (throttle) hand, but I don't see that as a problem.

The controller itself is under the seat, and the connections at the moment come out under the left side panel. I have ordered extensions and then should be able to plug everything in. I'm waiting to find out!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I put mine in the same place - ciontrols on the right side on the insert, and the plugs on the left under the insert. The plugs are CoAx panel jacks that come from Radio Shack. And I added a spare minifuse block for the power supply rather than stack a bunch of wiring on the battery terminals.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone put a dual permanent controller on an 06 yet?

I was looking to put it over the left air vent but with the air duct work I'm not sure it can be done considering the back of the controller sticks out an inch or two. I'm just not sure where to put these "2" controllers.

Now I have my bike apart and I'm stuck.

Should I remove the duct behind the vent and try to fit the controller there or what? I'm lost...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts