GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, bit the bullet and ordered a set of Gerbings last week-Extreme element coat and pants, T-5 gloves and socks. When they show up, I put the connector on the bike and go inside to try everything on. Now, the weather here was only in the 50's, but you just gotta try them out. First thing is, unless I'm going for a long ride, the socks are a lot of work to get on just right. For short trips I don't think I'll bother with them. Well, I'm suited up and these things work-I'm a lot warmer already! Now-out to the garage I go. On the bike, put on the gloves-can't do it-have to unhook them first. OK, do that and one falls on the floor. Try to bend over to reach it-no good. Get off, grab it, back on and ready to go. I'm working up a pretty good sweat by now so on the way to the main road, I have the coat open to get some air on me. Out on the road and turn on the controllers just a bit-not much, but I'm still pretty warm so I give it a mile. Crank it a little more-nothing. Now I'm thinking I should be feeling something, so I turn it all the way up...no heat. Then it hits me-while I'm playing drop the glove in the garage, I forgot to connect to the bike power. All right, pull off the road, hook it up, pull back on. Holy...I'm not even to fourth gear and think I'm on fire! This stuff really heats up. Grab for the controller and turn it off, quick! Now, I can just play with it and adjust it as I go. A little warmth or full out heat-whatever you want-I think this stuff will satisfy you. It seems to be made well. the zippers run free and smooth, abundant pockets for stuff, and it works pretty good just as a coat and pants. Since I got them, the temps went back up to the mid 70's, so I won't be using them for a while, but I don't see cold being an issue now. Just sand, salt, cinders and all the other cars on the road. If you're curious, I got them from Burger's Motorcycle Sales in NJ. They went over the sizes with me to make sure I got everything right and even gave me a break on the prices-ended up almost 15% off Nice people to deal with. I don't know if this helps someone on the fence about heated clothes or not, but I'm glad I got them and I think you would be, too. Ride safe(and warm).

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
mrzab, thanks for the write up. I agree about Burger's. I only live about 10 miles from them and do quite a bit of business over there. Not only will they give you a price break, they will also price match if you find a lower price somewhere else.

Gotta get some Gerbings! :thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Nice to hear they work that well. We'll be getting ours over the next few weeks getting ready for this winter's rides.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
We have enough friends that have them that we found that we dont ride if its in the 30s so we have no need for gloves, pants, socks. If you have the collar zipped shut and your neck is warm and the lower back extension goes down to below the top of the seat back you will be turning down and then thinking about unzipping for fresh air at anyting above 50. They make a nice jacket, rain resistant in the 60s and 70s. I have been know to wear mine with a T shirt under the armored jacket down to the 40s. Where we live in so texas we dont see much below 50s all winter but they are great....My arms get warm enough that plain old deer leather gloves are plenty to keep my hands warm.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
mrzab, thanks for the write up. I agree about Burger's. I only live about 10 miles from them and do quite a bit of business over there. Not only will they give you a price break, they will also price match if you find a lower price somewhere else.

Gotta get some Gerbings! :thumbup:
I like Burgers too...
I got 3 out 4 of the bikes from them I got the Rune down in NC.
I also got 2 of my 3 jetskis there too..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts