GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Gerbing jacket and socks in May. In October I discovered I had been sold the wrong heat-troller by the dealer. He couldn't help and referred me directly to Gerbing. After initially sending me the incorrect wires and a defective heat-troller all seems to be working. (two months to resolve). Very nice people to talk with however SERVICE IS AWFUL!!!!!!!! I MEAN BAD.

Thanks to Bob at Gerbing who finall did correct things and did what he said he was going to do!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lucky for us a reasonably close Honda dealer is stocking a full range of Gerbing's stuff. I spent over a half hour switching back and forth between two different glove sizes before I finally decided which one was better for me. My hands must be 1/2 way betweent sizes I guess.

I also tried on jacket liners at the time and had a hard time deciding which one to get. I decided to wait until I had my other cold weather gear along to try it on with. Unfortunately I haven't made it back to do that yet.

I have heard others complain about Gerbing's customer service, but the quality is worth the hassel for most people.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
221 Posts
I sent a pair of Gerbing gloves that were 1 yr old, back bacause the gromet where the wires come out of the glove came out and they repaired it and I had it back for free within four weeks. They may be slow to some but they stand behind their product 1000%
:yw1:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I called Gerbing recently about a possible short in my controller for a dual permanent controller, and they told me to ship it back to them for a replacement. I sent it in last week and I received a new dual permanent controller yesterday. Gerbing's staff was a pleasure to deal with on the phone, and I couldn't have asked for better or faster service.

DaleC

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have never dealt with Gerbing as yet (I can't afford what I need right now). But I have been a customer service rep, and have dealt with many customers reps.

My experience, with customer service has been extensive. I think, that perhaps one of the biggest problems with customer service, is generally the "Customer". Many of them don't really know what they want. Some are trying to scam the company, and are less than truthful with their problem.

I am not sticking up for "customer service", good or bad. But I will state again, that if a company in todays market wants to survive, it better have good customer service and good customer relations.

Take HDL, E/C or Bushtech. Their success in todays market place is based on Product, Price point, Customer service and Customer relations. They all get high marks in all categories. It is not a surprise that they are all successful.
But their success is not easy, it takes hard work, and an ability to compromise, and do the right thing.

All of the companies I mentioned above, do not want to make 1 sale to a customer in their lifetime. They want repeat customers and good word of mouth about their individual companies. If this is achieved, then those companies will have growth and prosperity.

As a business owner, I have always said that the customer is always right, till they are wrong. At that point, you refund them their money and show them the door. Some customers, a vendor, just can not afford.

In the age of the INTERNET, competition is sharp, and vendors have to give incentive to attract and keep customers. Sure price is a big thing, but customer satisfaction is even bigger.

Bulldog

·
Registered
258 Posts
Luck for us, Gerbing is right down the road.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I work for a performance transmission and converter company..

The general manager regularly tells us we have to take care of the customer since he does not have a money tree in his office to pay bills with.

G

·
Is it possible to find a Gerbing dealer in your area? When I got ready to buy my jacket liner a buddy of mine gave me the business card of a guy who makes his living traveling to the bike shows and rallies pulling a big ol' trailor full of Gerbing. He lives about a half hour away. I called him up, setup a time to meet at his house, and the rest is history. Great service, great deal, gave me a stack of cards to pass out to all my friends, etc. I've never dealt with the main company, only this guy.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Just an observation about this situation, the dealer sold you the wrong controller, when you found out, the dealer refused to correct their error, and then referred you to Gerbings. Even though Gerbings didn't cause your problem, they took care of your problem, maybe not as fast as you would like, but they did take care of you. Now as a response for their favor, you badmouth Gerbings and not the dealer who is actually responsible for the problem in the first place.
:hun1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts